12-24-2012, 04:05 AM
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tropical island paradise, yay!
Make sure to set CPU affinity to a single core.
How can I do this when the game wont even start up? I thought I had to let it start then in the task manager change it?
Alternate way to set CPU affinity to a single core:
(Kudos to SteveF, he posted this method here
. It's also pinned by Q in the second post of this thread actually.)
To find out what Graphic Card you use, do this:
- Find your swkotor shortcut in the desktop.
- Right click on it, then click Properties.
- In the "Target:" box, replace everything there with this:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "SWKOTOR" /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\" /high /affinity 1 "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\swkotor.exe"
- Again, in the "Start in:" box, replace everything there with this:
- Click OK. You're done.
- Everytime you want to play the game, you must click this shortcut. (Duh...)
- Press WIN+R on the keyboard (or Start->Run),
- the 'Run' dialog then appears,
- then type 'dxdiag' without the quotation marks,
- the Dxdiag window will appear,
- Click 'Save All Information...', save the file in the desktop,
- Open it, just copy the entire 'System Information' section,
- Scroll down, skip the Dxdiags section, then copy the 'Display Device' section.
Last edited by scramjetbooster; 12-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.