View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #4
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
You know, I kind of agree with that. However, I would admonish that if you are going to have something even vaguely related taking place sometime later, there does need to be at least SOME indication what happened thereafter and at least an explanation to tie into...well, what exactly makes this relate to it and WHY.

It could have been that their search was in vain and they died off never having found what they were looking for. What, then would be the basis for each? And if they are of NO relation to each other, then could you explain to me what purpose the games served in the first place?

Mind you I am not trying to beat you down, but I want answers. How would it work?

Yes I acknowledge your point and in fact I am intrigued by it, hence I am engaging you on it.
Okay here's what I would have done. Revan travels to the unknown regions and starts assassinating members of the dark council of the Sith, destabilising their leadership.

The Exile eventually joins Revan and helps him accomplish this. The assassinations plunges the Sith empire into a civil war, delaying the emperors plans to attack the Republic.

Only it is later revealed later that the dark council were planning to betray the emperor, so he uses the evidence to unite enough clans to crush the groups that tried to overthrow him.

Scourge takes the credit for the assassination of the dark council members, to get closer to the emperor, knowing full well he didn't do a damn thing. With the resistance destroyed, Revan and the Exile remain in hiding, unable to stop the emperors remaining forces on their own, much like Yoda and Obi-Wan hid from the empire because two veteran Jedi Knights are no match for them.

They die of old age, while the emperors forces gradually rebuild and do not surface for many years later to invade the Republic...

All they had to do in the MMO is mention that Revan and the Exile delayed the Sith invasion by assassinating key members of the dark council which plunged them into a civil war. No mention of their gender, alignment in the video games, no physical appearances or any of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Um... Revan was created by BioWare in Knights of the Old Republic and the Exile by Obsidian in Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords... the canon you speak of was created in video games and is being used by BioWare to add back-story to a new generation of characters that you create and guide through another important part of Star Wars history.

If you don't want canon in Star Wars video games then all you're really left with is stuff like LEGO Star Wars, cause the rest of it is canon to the Expanded Universe from the very beginning.
I understand that it's BioWares' property and they can do whatever they want with it, but why make Knights of the Old Republic a role-playing game in the first place if the the dark side/female/alternate appearances Revan could have didn't count for jack ****?

TSL proved that you don't need canon to make great plots. As a matter of fact, they could have cut out the Bastila and Carth cameos, as Bastila could have been killed in KotOR and Carth didn't have to be made an admiral. The only reason why Obsidian did that is for KotOR fan nostalgia.

The Revan in the MMO sure as hell wasn't MY Revan. My Revan was a Sith Lord, he didn't save the Republic, and he sure as hell looked and sounded different to the guy in the game. There are clever ways to use former protagonists in a game without ruining the players image of them. Too bad BioWare aren't talented enough writers to pull it off.

Last edited by The Lord of Chaos; 01-02-2013 at 03:39 AM.
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,