View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #15
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Nice post, thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBluevelt View Post
- The biggest problem for me was that the Industrial Zone was almost impossible for me to travel through due constant freezing and lagging. I often had to use the warp feature. However, my computer's old, so I can't blame that on you guys at all. I figure the proliferation of smoke is what locked me up, and I can't very well criticize the mod for including a nice detail that I would have enjoyed if I had a better graphics card.
Yes, it can lag a bit, and loading takes some time. It's like that due to large number of NPCs and placeable objects in the area - but seeing how huge this zone is, we can't really have any less.
It was even larger at one point and I was forced to remove some stuff from there (loading zone used to have more stuff in it, and there were more holograms displayed in the Design Departments, for example).

Quote:
- Some of the droid dialogue overdoes it on the "these droids have personality" angle. I think the smarmy quality is given to too many of them, and that it goes over-the-top at times.
Can you give some examples?

Quote:
- Some of the splicing was really, really bad, such as:
Show spoiler
I think it would have been better trying to find someone who could reasonably approximate the Obsidian actor's voice for something small like that.

Using other people to try mimic already existing characters' voices is something I'd never do (it's hard enough to find good actors for new roles ). Splicing is never perfect, but personally, I think we did a pretty good job with some party members' lines on M4-78. I agree Grenn could sound better - I actually have few alternate lines for his "M4-78 fuel" conversation, none of them perfect.

Quote:
- The
Show spoiler
Show spoiler
zbyl2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,