View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #32
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
NRA says lock up those with mental problem (even though they have done nothing wrong, but only a doctor says they could), so we take away someone's freedom on the chance they could be a danger to themselves or others because people, who are really too irresponsible to own a gun, don't want to act like responsible adults and keep their weapons out of the hands of criminals, children and those with mental issues. Oh the inconvenience I have to report something stolen or I have to preform a backgroup check and not be able to sell my gun to this two time loser.

To hell with "due process" lock them up.
That would work a heck of a lot better than getting rid of "Assault Weapons." Of course we both know the NRA did not say that, but whatever. They did say have a database of those that ARE mentally ill and violent. Interestingly the same thing Obama wanted to do(cue fanfare). Maybe you confused the statements the NRA said. They wanted to lock up violent criminals. And they also wanted to get the mentally ill the help they need.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,