View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #38
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I agree with that... And when the system and the gunowner allows them to get the weapon. They are also responsible for the murders. In the case of Sandy Brook, Virginia Tech shooting and Columbine these could have been limited had somone acted like responsible gun owners.

No I need not misunderstand anything. I am not stuid, I heard it on a rightwing nut job talk radio talk show. hanity, rush, savage, michael berry....not sure which one and I am not going to waste my time looking because at least in the case of rush I know they edit their transscripts.
The quote: Fair enough. That's probably why I never heard it. I don't listen to them.

Responsible gun owners: I think that most gun owners would agree that responsible gun ownership saves lives. If you have several firearms in the house, you NEED to have a safe. And that safe NEEDS to be bolted down. So what if you don't have kids. So what if you're the only one that lives there. BREAK IN'S HAPPEN! The problem with it, is enforcement. Adam Lanza's mother COULD have prevented the tragedy by following rule 5 of gun safety... ALWAYS maintain control of your firearm.

Actually, most of the accidents involving firearms require a violation of at least one firearm rule.
1 ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED. Never believe a firearm is not loaded, check it, and afterwards treat it as though it were loaded.
2 NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU SO NOT WANT TO DESTROY. That means don't point it at your friends even in jest.
3 KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE. Really. It's simple. A cop nearly blew the head off a subject because she was keying her mic and had her other finger on the trigger.
4 KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S AROUND IT. A buddy of mine was shooting and after he was done, he was cleaning up and that's when the quads raced past on the trail that was between where he was standing and where he set up his targets.
5 ALWAYS MAINTAIN CONTROL OF YOUR FIREARM. If you aren't using or carrying it, LOCK IT UP. I think we covered that.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,