View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #367
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieMonkey View Post
Voice hiccups - lines of dialogue don't get time to finish before another one starts; this doesn't happen with every line but when it starts, it happens more frequently after that point. Sometimes one line will just have a pause with no sound and I'll get the end of the line, for example "How appropriate, you fight like a cow" might change to ".....like a cow". Note that I'm playing without subtitles on.
Did you try increase or decrease the cycle setting in DOS-Box? If it is too high for your computer, sound issues will usually occur. If it is too low, the game will slow down.
Also check and try different command line options. Type
monkey ?
to get help on those.
Quote:
Game specific bugs:
MI1 - After haggling the price of the ship down to the right price with Stan, the option to make an offer of 5000 pieces o'eight is not available.
This is not a bug, it's a feature. You are playing in "match voice acting"-mode. Switch to "keep original text"-mode.
The 5000 was omitted until your first offer, since that could possibly lead to unvoiced prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scummbuddy View Post
I believe that voice hiccups issue with at least the MI1 Talkie Project was "fixed" by setting the dialog/text speed of the in-game options to be very fast.
This "fix" works with subtitles turned on only. Keep in mind, that in "keep original text"-mode, some unvoiced lines may pass by very fast then, though.
With subtitles off, this fix was suggested for the original SE, and is only required there.
LogicDeLuxe is offline   you may: quote & reply,