View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #76
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Unless you're law enforcement. Then you just get suspended with pay for awhile while the department or agency throws up a smokescreen and handles the civil suit. No need to worry about criminal charges; that hardly ever happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
So cherry picking is the answer, you are just looking at only the parts that fit you argument. How many of the 31,076 deaths in 2010 were from people entering crowed places and opening fire? Compare that to the unintentional shootings or even those 5 years old and under that died from unintentional gunshots. I am pretty sure we can also say a kid 5 year old and under is not responsible for a accidental shooting. Well considering this thread maybe I should not assume that.
I have no problem with responsible gun stowage at all. To me, that's just common sense. I'm just not sure how that can be effectively enforced without infringing even more on the freedom and privacy of law-abiding citizens.

I did notice something, however. First you say something like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin
I have never written anything in this thread that people should not have the right and ability to defend their-self.
And then you go and say this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin
So no, I don't want the person, that would leave a gun out so a small child could get hold of it, to open up on a crazy in a crowed place. If they are so irresponsible with their weapon, what makes you think they will not add to the body count rather than limiting it? People have just watched too many Rambo, John Wayne, Dirty Harry movies...John Wayne is dead, unless you have real training or are willing to die to protect others run away not towards. In that situation you must pick your target and be absolutely sure that is your target and you have a shot, if not you are just a wanna-be hero that accidentally killed a innocent.
Either you're confused, or I am, but you seem to be hopping from one foot to the other a lot on this subject.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 02-01-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,