Thread: Dead Space 3
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #38
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Just finished the game myself. I guess I've got mixed feelings on it as a whole. One of the biggest problems for me was the beginning, or rather how Isaac's story in DS3 started. It was completely actiony with practically zero horror involved. The space wrecks orbiting Tau Volantis were only a slight improvement and I can honestly say that when I ran into the Regenerators again I was "Well, how original, run from two Regenerators instead of just one!" rather than "Oh, crap!". I was, however, surprised by the complete absence of Infectors. Tau Volantis itself was a big improvement in atmosphere and the horror feel, but it was still nowhere near as scary as DS2, let alone DS1. DS3 definitely lost even more of that horror atmosphere, than DS2 did.

Story-wise, it's also a mixed bag, with quite a few inconsistencies.

Show spoiler

Overall, the game is OK. It's not the best horror game out there, or the best Dead Space game, but I'm far from calling it utter crap, although I do think there are some crappy things in it. Also, since I'm seeing ME3 comparisons - this game is definitely far above the level of crappy-ness that is Mass Effect 3, at least in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Show spoiler
You need to let the end credits go through and you will hear
Show spoiler

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,