View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #26
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Current Game: The Old Republic
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
I am screwed. I just tested my merc out on the PTS and my heat management is gone. I am about to lose all my dps. This is horrible. They messed up my rotation severely.
Can't judge for myself as I'm not on the PTS, but from what little impressions I've read, there does seem to be more difficulty in heat management. Which, if you think about it, isn't really that hard to understand, considering how easy heat management is right now with a merc (I barely run out of heat with my regular rotation and even if I did, I have Vent Heat and Thermal Sensor Override). Still, I'd have to see for myself. It does seem like the skills hit harder and Power Shot's cast is shortened (still almost useless - oh, I remember the day Power Shot was instant). Some people say 2.0 favors Pyro over Arsenal, which would be nice for once, but not holding my breath. Others say they've made it a more effective class for PvP, which would also be nice.

We might all have to adjust our rotation and say farewell to some skills, but that's the way it is. If skills disappear or are changed, I assume there must be a reason for it and that reason should be balance. So I'm hoping 2.0 balances out the classes better, then. Fingers crossed.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,