View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #813
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter View Post
So, I noticed they sneaked in one of the latest patches (as it's not in any changelog) how entering an enemy base triggers the PvP-flag. I remember good times chilling out with Imperials on Hoth about 2 months ago. Tried now, got that flag on my pants. Good thing the entire base was deserted though...
Still left me with the "joy" of removing that damn infection (5 min standing still + unknown travel time going out-of-the-way from what you're doing).

Anyone ever found this in one of the patchlogs? Or knows when it was actually changed that way? And why? Are opposite fraction enemies in a base so bad they need to be flagged, even if on a server where most live peacefully together, and Sith generally help me in my battles?

Also another fun anecdote. Was doing Ilum event. Someone died on the heroic, his team fled. So I figured I would be nice and revive him. BAM. PvP flag. Tell me... why the heck is that an act of PvP? Seriously?
So much for "it's easy to avoid the pvp flag" I heard here before.
You helped an Imp?? Why would you do that?
You are, you know, at war with them.
I never have a problem being flagged against my will (unless a player of opposite faction stepped in my aoe, which is still avoidable). If I healed a flagged player I get flagged. That's my fault. Been that way since launch.

Quote:
Well, that would be the risk of flagging yourself. If it was always a personal choice instead of forced upon the player like it is now...
You are aware you're playing an MMO right??

Quote:
Poke holes in this system. If you find none, feel free to suggest it to BioWare. Since it should have been that way from the start.
Riiight....right. Make it the way Hassat wants it.
Dude,..maybe you should just consider just going back to KotOR?
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,