View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #46
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Saget View Post
After you beat the story, there is little to do. Pretty much the game ends, and everything becomes repetitive
They have added plenty and are about to add even more, but then we are talking about taste. However, I have been playing since beta and I have plenty to do in endgame content, but then again I enjoy operations and group content. I can see where it would get very repetitive if someone was just doing single player stuff. However, I find group content anything but repetitive since people all do things differently. No two operations are exactly the same. I always find something new in group play. Again it may be a difference in people’s taste or the fact that my main is a healer and I have never played that type of role in any other game.

I was also against TOR, I wanted a RPG sequel to TSL, but it just isn’t that terrible game people have made it out to be. To me, it is more like bioware’s earlier games, KotOR and Jade Empire, just something you can play with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Did you even play the game or listen to what she said, or did you just skip that?

Kreia said something to the effect that Revan went darkside to save the galaxy. Can we agree with that?

Well that goes against much of what Yoda has to say.

““Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

“To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.”

“Stopped they must be; on this all depends. Only a fully trained Jedi Knight, with the Force as his ally, will conquer Vader and his Emperor. If you end your training now - if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did - you will become an agent of evil.”

“Yoda: Yes, run! Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.
Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger?
Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?
Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.
Luke: But tell my why I can't...
Yoda: No, no! There is no "why".”

So yeah, not really sure how being evil to do good fits in the star wars universe.
All I was doing is giving one example of what Kreia said that undermined KotOR or the Star Wars Universe. This was the only part of my reply directed at this question.

1st You may not care what Yoda has to say on the subject, but to me the movies are Star Wars, the rest is just superficial drivel to me (nothing against people that love EU, but it just isn’t my thing), so when talking the Star Wars Universe Yoda is the authority when it comes to the force. You don’t accept that, I don’t care, because I am only talking about my opinion, you have the right to yours and I have the right to mine.

2nd So what I was saying Kriea said Revan went Darkside to save the galaxy, but according to Yoda, the darkside is not the stronger way or the better way it is just the easy way, the lazy way.

To me Star Wars has always been more like the old western movies, the good guys are good and the bad guys are bad. There isn’t much grey in any of the movies.

So to me Revan going dark side to save the galaxy is saying Revan was just taking the easy way out. So he was just lazy, it was easier to just conquer than it was to take a lightside option. So you destroy your own troops to make the republic stronger, yeah that makes perfect sense to me.

So as you can see my rational had nothing to do with every facet of the universe. I was just giving 1 example from memory to something Kreia said that punched holes in the Star Wars Universe concept of good vs evil and the same thing kind of distorts the Revan I played in KotOR.

A little different from what someone surmised I meant from my example.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,