I really really really
hope this doesn't end up a clone of Dishonored, or worse, Assassins Creed.
Ugh, this is like a punch in the gut...
- Eidos being vague about how faithful the team is remaining to the original Thief lore
- Many of the series’ magical elements will be toned down
- Many experiments during first three years of development
Translation: Out with the old, in with the new. Great...
- Garrett isn’t a fighter
- Fighting against four or more guards in combat won’t go well
- Guards and other NPCs are aware of the level design, so they know where a person might try to hide
- Guards understand the topography of the level and which areas could be useful for hiding
- Different NPCs will look for Garrett in different ways
As it should be.
“Focus” mechanic: has many uses, including being able to aid Garrett’s vision as he navigates through open levels
This "Focus" thing I don't get. The whole point of the Thief series is to look in all the nooks and crannies to find all the loot and hidden stuff. Hopefully it will be more of an optional ability, rather than the game relying on it being used non-stop.
And one more thing: if they don't get Stephen Russell to voice Garrett, then I have absolutely no interest in this game.