View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #53
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Simple reason. The Exile KNEW REVAN. Or at least respected Revan. And the Exile DID know of the war. There was even a segment of dialogue where she asks, "Then why didn't I follow him to war?" when speaking to the handmaiden. The exile didn't know of the near extinction of the jedi at that time. In fact there are parts where you(exile) correct Atton about a few of the happenings. The exile simply didn't fight in the great civil war. But the reason is still, simple. Convince the exile that not following the light path can be a good thing.
But what good came of Revan not following the light? The Republic was shattered and weakened to the point of near utter destruction. Worlds were burned and millions of innocents slaughtered. Revan's intentions may have been good, but that doesn't mean anything good actually came out of what was done. And you can't argue that Revan really achieved power either. Revan was captured by the Jedi, and his/her mind erased. The events that play out in KotOR I's dark side version don't lead to Revan gaining power either. Not long after Revan killed Malak and took control of the Sith, he/she left. The Sith then destroyed themselves through a brutal civil war. Nothing really good came for Revan out of not following the light path, except for a limited amount of power that vanished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Not really. The way you have described your position makes it out that somehow he was above the light side/dark side and maintained a positive message despite being DARK LORD OF THE SITH. They don't just hand out that "Darth" title as a sith academy graduation gift.
I don't believe I implied that, but if I did, I didn't mean to. I meant that he had a better motive for falling to the dark side and being evil than other villains did.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,