View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #61
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
It means the stupid auto correct on my phone stinks. Regard. As to the rest of my spelling errors, sorry I will quit posting if that is your attempt to win a non-win-able debate. This is all merely opinion by both sides
No, I didn't mean anything by it. I just wanted to know what you were trying to say there. However, your point about the non-win-able debate does bring something up, which I'll address at the end of my post.

Quote:
Plus the pure fact is nobody knows the pure facts about anyone’s motivations for anything.... I agree Revan went into it with the best of intentions, but fell to the darkside because he went down that path. Are you saying his straight up intentions were to go darkside? Now we get back to my earlier point that then he wasn’t taking the easier path, so then we are back to Revan being lazy. My Revan was not lazy, sorry that ruins the character more than anything TOR could have done.
It's true nobody knows anyone's true motivations, but you can estimate pretty well. And an estimation is about as close to fact as you can get with regards to someone's estimation. No, I was saying he went into it with the intention of using more of walking a delicate line between light and dark, and using a combination of power from both sides and eventually the dark side consumed him.

Quote:
WTH are we debating anyways.
You know, I was asking myself that question a couple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Did you even play the game?
Yep.

Quote:
That's because the ending they went with has been labeled canon, and therefore anything that comes out AFTER they made it canon has to take Star Wars canon into account.
It may have had to take Star Wars canon into account, but they could have added in non-canon things.

Quote:
Have you even bothered to play TOR, or are you going off some bligger's rants. Because honestly there's more there than you are claiming.
I wasn't saying that Revan was the only connection to KotOR, but I was saying it did seem like they threw him in there just to have a great big obvious connection to KotOR.

Quote:
After TSL, I always thought the trip into the unknown region was a one way ticket. I figured that was why Revan took off alone, she wasn't looking to win a war, she was looking to delay the invasion. So I guess TOR lives up to my expectations since Revan and the Exile meet the goal I set for them. Plus TOR is a hell of a lot of fun to play.
But TOR doesn't live up to my expectations, which brings me to the realization that we're not going to ever (more than likely) be able to convince each other that our own view points are the correct ones. Some will agree, some won't. Point is, I don't want to be forever caught in a back-and-forth so this'll be my last post in this thread. It was fun debating, and it's definitely given me some stuff to chew on.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,