View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #63
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
The reason I brought up Israel in that situation is for the very reason you described. Literally the last place I would want nuclear weapons is in the Middle East. While I don't think that Israel shares many similarities with North Korea as a government, I do think that they share the same situation. Both are isolated countries geographically. Surrounded by people they call their enemies and backed (until recently) by a major world power.

A desperate and isolated country like North Korea or, if things deteriorate, Israel, is dangerous.
Since Yitzak Rabin was assassinated and the hardliners took over, I agree. Half of the problems between present day Palestine and Israel are because the Israelis tried to rewrite or circumvent the Oslo Accords. The rest is because there are elements inside Palestine, including their own present government there who still want it all.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,