View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Star Wars 1313 was our last hope, and for a while, it seemed like things would pick up again... and then Lucas sold his company to Disney and everything became uncertain again.

I really wish LA had been given a last chance, they weren't even given that.
It sucks to see people lose jobs, and it blows to keep a promising game like 1313 up in the air like it is right now...but based on the quality of the games they have been releasing for the past 5-7 years, they were given plenty of chances to turn things around. Piss poor leadership is what ultimately doomed this company and Disney made the smart choice.

As a video from Rev3Games said, "It's sad to see them go, but it's kind of sad in a nostalgic way." In other words, I think I'm more sad because Lucasarts made some of the best games of my childhood, and I have very, very fond memories of those experiences. It's not all that sad when looking at the games that they just ended up publishing (e.g. KOTOR) compared to the ones they actually made recently (e.g. Force Unleashed).

Here's hoping that Disney chooses some good companies to license the Star Wars (and adventure) properties to.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,