Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #82
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
I'm not sure I agree, Quanon. Having read all the books (out so far) and following the series religiously, I find that the books were better, more engaging experiences. That said, the series isn't bad at all but it does spoils many of the surprises masterfully delivered on the books.
Fair point, hadn't looked at it that way. But I figured that I would certainly enjoy the ton of extra details in the books. Like say extra characters and events would add a certain "bonus' material feel to the reading experience.

As often when you first read a good series of books and then view a movie or TV show about them, you sort of always look for what's left out or done differantly.

I might get the books before season 3 gets out on DVD and season for gets aired. But I'm now still investing a lot of reading time in my Warhammer pulp novels

But was looking forward to something a bit more serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
So while I don't know if watching the series first is the best option, I found great pleasure in reading the books and then watching how they'd do particular scenes on the series (and if they'd actually do those things on the TV, since some parts are seem too gruesome for TV audience).
Well so far the TV show didn't seem to be shy on the violance, things didn't always get shown as is, but the suggestion and motives certainly get across.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,