View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 AM   #256
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
So my new rig is incredible, but there is one tiny issue. I have a set of 5.1 speakers and a 7.1 headset I switch between using. But I can only have one of these plugged in at a time so I have to crawl under my desk every-time and swap them. Is there someway I could get something to keep them both plugged in and either just press the power button or switch a setting on my computer?
Are they multiple mini-plug (headphone plugs) or digital?
Quote:
I'm also looking into new monitors. I want to get 2. No more than $120ish. Around 20"-24". 1080p. Any recommendations?
Get IPS panels. They don't have the viewing angle problems that TN panels do, and they don't cost much more. This model was just on sale for $140 and it quickly sold out. I know that it's $20 more per monitor, but it's a 23-inch 1080p IPS panel, and it's a Dell (Dell makes great monitors). I have its bigger brother, the S2440L and I like it a lot. The S line doesn't have all of the niceties of the Ultrasharps, but they do have good panels and they're cheaper.

If that's too much money, or you don't want to wait, Newegg's got a deal going on these IPS panels until the 30th.
Quote:
Also, Q, you had said if I got 2 128 ssds I could link them together and make them twice as fast? Can you elaborate on that?
After installing the drives, you put them in RAID0 in the BIOS and then install Windows to the array. A fresh install of Windows is highly recommended here to avoid any potential alignment problems.
Quote:
And one last question: The sata ports on my motherboard are all filled. Is there a way to connect more hard-drives without needing a new motherboard?
You can get a separate SATA controller card that fits in a PCI or PCIe slot. The faster ones are expensive, but the slower ones are cheap and you can put your platter and optical drives on it.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,