Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
The main reason was because of the PC port of the first game being so reportedly sub-par, which for me was a huge indication as to what the second port was going to be like. It was just a no brainer.
The first game, although not a bad port, was not a good one either but the PC version is still the best of the bunch. The flaws of the first game's port do not affect gameplay and are easily fixed. The same can't be said of TFUII.
The first game was not a good port because:
- You can't navigate in the menus with your mouse. (not a big problem, it was just laziness on their part)
- There are no advanced graphics options. (although that doesn't stop anyone from running it on max settings since such option is available)
- Cloth simulation is turned off by default. (but can be turned on by editing a small text file)
- They didn't compress the cutscene files, making the game occupy 25GB of your hard drive when installed.
Other than that, it's still the best version when compared to the console:
- It's cheaper.
- Allows you to play the game at huge resolutions
- It has all the DLC on a single package without paying more for it.