Thread: Man of Steel
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #34
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Saw Man of Steel the other day. Great action scenes, though somewhat lore-defying. This video pretty much sums it up:

View page
YouTube Video

Secondly, I felt the movie had somewhat little in the way of character development, except for Clark and Zod. But maybe i'm just saying this coming off Smallville, which is basically a soap opera. I suppose there's only so much screentime budget for such things in an action film.
(Speaking of Smallville, I found Henry Cavill's likeness to Tom Welling's in the tornado flashback scene to be uncanny!)

Thirdly, this movie's plot seemed so grandiose in scale, that i'm not sure what else can be done after this, given the bigger and better principle, and the fact that the sequels are likely to be Zack Snyder films. The next logical conclusion is Lex Luthor, but I seriously wonder what could provide more exciting action scenes than Superman fighting against a team of warrior Kryptonians?

The Zod plot seems to me something that would have been fitting as a 'final trilogy installment', rather than a first dose.

The action scenes were awesome, however. Absolutely glorious.

All in all, an enjoyable film; I quite like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
View page
YouTube Video

World's Finest!
I'm a little unsure about this. The plot of The Dark Knight Returns is a lot to be fitting into one movie, and getting done right. I'm also not sure if the mainstream world is ready for
Show spoiler

Whatever it is, Batman's got to be played by Christian Bale.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan; 07-22-2013 at 12:13 AM.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,