View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #91
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Whatever, Rush and Michael Berry and others were saying all libs were praying for it not the media, but that is okay since it is about libs. Got it.

And yes, there should be some gun control, since nuts getting guns are out of control, even if it is just keeping guns out of nuts hands, that is still gun control.
Since I rarely(if ever) listen to Rush, and actually have no idea who the heck Michael Berry is I couldn't care less what they claim. I was stating that all media outlets love this kind of thing. Conservatives use it to bash liberals, Liberals use it to bash conservatives(as you're apparently doing). The remainder of the media are throwing it out there to 1) promote some anti-gun message or 2) drum up some viewers to find out every aspect of this person's pathetic life.

You're the one who claimed it was the Conservatives saying Obama was using it to push for removing our guns. I pointed out that they have a valid reason to believe that. I was agreeing partially with you, in that BOTH sides were loving this. The anti-gunners and the conservative talking heads are more than happy to use a tragedy to push their agenda.

Gun control is not the answer. If you make it so that any mental instability is grounds for having guns removed, you will find fewer people getting treatment for things that would otherwise be easily controlled. Make it easier to get treatment rather than controlling the millions because of a few bad apples.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,