View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #32
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I see them hurting themselves more by flooding the market with sub-standard and recycled Star Wars merchandise, the same problem LucasFilm and its sub-companies had for years, which is what is surely what lead in large part to the franchise being sold to Disney. I've just never lived in one of these places where the stores only stock the latest and most popular editions of movies then clear them out in favor of the next hot thing.

Yeah, I agree, it's a blatant cash-in. That trick will always work on the hardcore collectors. I just wonder if they'll consider it worth the expense in the long run. Not that I like how Disney treats their hardcore fans either, but we'll see what happens.

As for the price thing, it's an old trick... when the price drops on the old edition, release a "new and improved" edition that's identical to the old one, but costs more. Other than fooling naive casual fans who don't use the internet and the usual folks who buy everything just to own everything, this just seems silly. I'll buy the cheaper option that has the same (or better) content every time.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,