View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #14
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Darth_Maul View Post
I am trying to install a program on Windows 7 that is very similar to The Phantom Menace, I'm trying to install the Star Wars Episode 1 Insider's Guide. I have tried to get help with this in other forums but nobody ever replies. I'm hoping someone can help me here, as I think the solution could be the same as what worked for The Phantom Menace.
The solution is the same. Since both TPM and the Insider's Guide have 16-bit installers, you can't install them on 64-bit operative systems. What you need to do is install it on another PC with a 32-bit Windows and copy the directory folder of the Insider's Guide to your PC. Do you know anyone with a 32-bit Windows PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Darth_Maul View Post
I see that someone installed TPM on a Virtual PC 2007 and seemed to get it to work. I am so lost, what is Virtual PC 2007? I also see that they ran Windows 98 with it. Do you need a Windows 98 disc for this to work? I definitely don't have one of those anymore.
Virtual PC 2007 is a program for creating virtual machines. If you want to go with this alternative, create a virtual machine and install Windows XP on it (or 95/98/ME, but I assume you don't have any of those) and just install the Insider's Guide. After that, copy the directory folder to your main Windows.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,