View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #15
Lord_Darth_Maul
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
The solution is the same. Since both TPM and the Insider's Guide have 16-bit installers, you can't install them on 64-bit operative systems. What you need to do is install it on another PC with a 32-bit Windows and copy the directory folder of the Insider's Guide to your PC. Do you know anyone with a 32-bit Windows PC?

Virtual PC 2007 is a program for creating virtual machines. If you want to go with this alternative, create a virtual machine and install Windows XP on it (or 95/98/ME, but I assume you don't have any of those) and just install the Insider's Guide. After that, copy the directory folder to your main Windows.
My last Windows PC died in 2005 and then I had a Mac for 7 years, and when that broke I went back to a PC simply because I missed all of my old games. I don't have any copies of any previous versions of Windows at all, and this PC didn't even come with a Windows 7 startup disc. So unless I can somehow install XP on a virtual machine without any disc I don't think thats going to work either . I guess maybe I might look into picking up a Windows 98 full version off of eBay.
Lord_Darth_Maul is offline   you may: quote & reply,