View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #1270
Keyan Farlander
Jedi Master

Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Playing some guitar today. I wanted to experiment to see how loud I could get the AC30 before potentially bothering the neighbors, so I got someone to stand outside and help me experiment. Seems about half way at best. I wish I could turn it up all the way, if only occasionally to record. The amp is in an upstairs bedroom, so moving it to the basement would probably help, but I don't want to put my music stuff down there, in case of mold and floods. I've never had a flood, but you know it would happen if I ever actually moved anything nice down there.

The master volume on this model is actually pretty dang good for getting overdriven sounds at lower volumes. It's totally fine for practicing and messing around, but if you really want to get that magical Vox tone on a recording, you really have to drive those power tubes and those speakers. A power soak is an option, but that still doesn't help with hitting the speakers hard. An isolation box might work, but this amp runs hot, so I don't know if that is a good idea.

Having fun playing, though, and that's the most important thing.
Keyan Farlander is offline   you may: quote & reply,