View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 01:56 AM   #11
SST_Brink

Where to start...hmm...

Ok, first of all, if you have read the novel (in case you didn't know, there is a novel), there are less puzzles involved. This takes care of that problem fairly easily. The plotline seems to be quite interesting to me...

Second of all, this is an extremely low-budget fan film... it's not much, but it is better than nothing. I was born in 1986, do the math, I don't have that much money, and I am doing this with friends. I believe we can accomplish this, and make it look fairly decent. How many of the legal issues still apply if this is going to be a non-profit private film, shown to only those involved in the making of it?

Thirdly, I have about a year's experience in 3D animation and CG art, it should be enough to get some good results, as far as I can see.

I don't know what we are going to film this on (Mini-DV, etc.) Any suggestions?

No, I don't have 70 million dollars, but I am extremely interested at what I can accomplish with what I have. I can imagine that at least some of you doubt my abilities. If I make this into a film, and it is utterly horrible, you can doubt my abilities then and I will not mind. Thank you very much for your input on mattes and legal issues, it is very helpful to me.

Boston: Ludger?

Ludger: It would have to be, wouldn't it, Commander?!
SST_Brink is offline   you may: quote & reply,