Thread: TPM Q & A
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2001, 02:51 PM   #30
Zanzibar

Quote:
Originally posted by Mace Koon:
You're not saying that time doesn't matter, are you? Because I read that it did in one of the earlier posts, and time is of course in the score sheet at the end.

So are the factors just (1) time and (2) staying alive? If so, then I assume saving the game has no impact. I like to save it just before anything difficult, or sometimes I just get tired! It takes about four hours for me to play the game all the way through.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be doing any more Star Wars games. It's a shame. I think it comes down to the fact that most gamers don't want to bother with a game they have to think about. They just want to sit down and start shooting or slashing bad guys / droids.

Indeed, time has NOTHING to do with the final score, the time is just there as an 'alternate' scoring method, like if you've completed the game in 4:02 with a score of 9, then it gives you a 'time to beat' for added boasting potential. Yes, time has nothing to do with it.

As for saving, you can save as many times as you like, but the system does keep track of how many times you RESTART or RELOAD, which generally indicates that you died. I think you can die or reload twice before your score is affected.

As for future Star Wars games, I think LEC is more going for the console systems than the PC, and console games are much less likely to be as complex. TPM wasn't even all that complex in terms of controls and gameplay, but compared with Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo and JPB, TPM seems very complex in comparison.

You can't blame Lucasarts for going heavy on the consoles. "Hardcore" PC gamers number maybe 1 to 2 million, with maybe another mil or so outside the US. The Playstation 1 sold 50 MILLION UNITS during its lifespan, and with the PS2 currently at the 10mil mark and growing, and with the Xbox on the horizon, you can bet this trend will continue.
Zanzibar is offline   you may: quote & reply,