lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Future of MotF
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-06-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

The Future of MotF

Well, JKA is just around the corner and it's probably time to start talking the possibility of doing a "port" or redo of MotF in JKA.

I'm up for it. But that's assuming that the promised engine fixes have in fact been fixed.

However, I think the mod needs a new name. Too many people found MotF to be too confusing.

In addition, I'd like MotF to be a derivative of OJP. That way I can add critical game functions to OJP and then use them in MotF.

Thoughts? Comments?

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2003, 04:59 PM   #2
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

What are the fundamentals of MotF? I only played it a little. If my idea for a mod is at all similar to yours, it would be nice to combine them.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #3
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

It's a bit complicated. Try looking around in this forum and see what you find.

Old 10-08-2003, 07:19 PM   #4
lightofdarkness
Lurker

cool

I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.
lightofdarkness is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 02:17 PM   #5
FireFly_87
Rookie

i think that you should do it similar to RenegadeOfPhunks modification - Movie Battles. In that mod - there is Manual blocking..But the problem is that the mod is a FFA or TFFA mod, and for Saber fantatics, its maybe not the best mod. I hope u'll makeit guys

Fire

Yo
FireFly_87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Well, our system is much more complicated than the Movies Battle system. It was a simple clicking affair. Ours involves a more active defensive role by actively controlly which defense moves you take.

Quote:
I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.
We already have a different system planned. sorry.

Old 10-12-2003, 05:16 PM   #7
CortoCG

Cool stuff I read here. I would like to know soem more of that in the future Ace, perhaps we could speak about it on IRC.

Dark Forces Mod: Modeler, animator, coder.

For more detail about my work visit my website
CortoCG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 05:47 PM   #8
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Feel free to just ask here. Then I don't have to type stuff 50 zillion times to answer the "Well, what are the plans for MotF?" question.

Actually, I'll create a new thread for this.

Here!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Masters of the Force > The Future of MotF