lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Republic Jetpacks/Lack of autobalance
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-25-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
DemonKing

Republic Jetpacks/Lack of autobalance

I'm sorry if you are a jetpack lover but I'm sick of playing on servers where there are 20 human players and 15 of them are playing jetpackers for the Republic while 5, completely outnumbered, struggle vainly for 2 minutes as CIS before inevitable defeat.

Either this game needs an autobalance feature or the 5th class should be restricted to perhaps a maximum of 2 per server. Or the clone jetbacker's airtime should be reduced ala the Dark Trooper.

DemonKing

"At this stage I believe I now understand the truth, which is that Lucas has gone over to the dark side. He is a Darth Billionaire ruling an empire, and is no longer leading a rebellion. He was once a semi-independent force, overshadowed by a dark and powerful business, but still managed to beat the odds and on his own terms, but now he sits on a throne with lightning in his hands and a franchise in his clenched fist."
DemonKing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
Darth W Bush
Rookie

excuse my n00bness, but how does auto-balancing work?

[force-sensitive droid]
Darth W Bush is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2004, 10:54 AM   #3
DemonKing

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth W Bush
excuse my n00bness, but how does auto-balancing work?
If every human player jumps onto the Republic side the computer force-moves players to the CIS side until the number of human players on each side are equal.

Most multi-player shooters have this feature nowdays.

DemonKing

"At this stage I believe I now understand the truth, which is that Lucas has gone over to the dark side. He is a Darth Billionaire ruling an empire, and is no longer leading a rebellion. He was once a semi-independent force, overshadowed by a dark and powerful business, but still managed to beat the odds and on his own terms, but now he sits on a throne with lightning in his hands and a franchise in his clenched fist."
Old 11-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #4
Darth W Bush
Rookie

sounds like a plan !
as you more or less pointed out: the problem really isn't the jettrooper being too powerfull, but the ppl that simply MUST play it and choose sides in order to do this. (personally i allways take the appointed side)
How does [teams - computer select] work?

[force-sensitive droid]
Darth W Bush is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
DemonKing

Quote:
How does [teams - computer select] work? [/B]
Usually if a player dies on the team which has too many players, the computer forces them to respawn on the other team. Simple really.

DemonKing

Old 11-29-2004, 10:53 AM   #6
Armydude71490
Rookie

The Xbox has this Force equal teams feature you are talking about!

Xbox Live name: Armydude71490
Stormtrooper: LW-6989
Phase 3 Dark Trooper
Imperial

Imperial March
If you want to Dl right click "save target as" or similar!
Armydude71490 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Bug Reports/Requests/Game Feedback > Republic Jetpacks/Lack of autobalance