lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Just completed GF. Sad Day!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-13-2006, 05:30 AM   #1
Tobodestroyer
Lurker

Just completed GF. Sad Day!

Hi,

I've just completed GF and now I'm going to miss everyone. What adventure game should I tackle next as I loved GF?

Ta
Tobodestroyer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
Scorpicus
Rookie

Location: Wallowing in mud... or chocolate. I can't tell... no, wait. Thats mud.
Have you played the monkey Island series yet? Or day of the Tentacle? Both are kicking choices for your next adventure game.
Scorpicus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
The game I played right after GF was The Dig, also by LucasArts. It's different but easily my second favourite LA game after GF.

You may also like Beneath a Steel Sky. Some bits of it remind me a little of GF. It's freeware nowadays so you aren't going to lose anything but time if you don't like it.

Also, if you manage to get your hands on the Gabriel Knight games, give them a try. GK is by far my favourite game series ever. They offer a well researched backstory, great humour and suspense.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
General_Listeri
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNaomi
The game I played right after GF was The Dig, also by LucasArts. It's different but easily my second favourite LA game after GF.

You may also like Beneath a Steel Sky. Some bits of it remind me a little of GF. It's freeware nowadays so you aren't going to lose anything but time if you don't like it.

Also, if you manage to get your hands on the Gabriel Knight games, give them a try. GK is by far my favourite game series ever. They offer a well researched backstory, great humour and suspense.

I played the GK 3 game. Took me a while, grand game it was. I was addicted haha prolly still am if i find the CD's

Viva La Revolución - Salvadore Lemones
General_Listeri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
If you don't want another Lucasarts adventure (why not?) try either the Syberia series or the game "The Moment of Silence"...those are my favorite non-LA adventure games thus far...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, definitely put Monkey Island right at the top of your priority list. After Grim Fandango, the first three games in that series rank as my favourites of all time, and I'd imagine the same goes for a lot of other people. The graphics of the first two are a bit dated, but the games themselves are truly excellent. I even have a Monkey Island avatar!

Other than the rest suggested in this thread, the Broken Sword series is another that's begging to be played.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #7
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Payday 2
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Full Throttle and Sam & Max Hit the Road are good.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Yea...you must not miss Sam and Max!

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 04:15 AM   #9
Shuz

Don't forget the Longest Journey, and Dreamfall, its sequel.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2006, 02:38 AM   #10
B.A.T.
Rookie

Try playing games created by tim schafer he created GF games like full throttle day of the tentacle there mostly point n click but there still fun. but the graphics are nothing like GF becuz there earlier but still fun and thats what counts!
B.A.T. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2006, 10:11 AM   #11
Abbath
Lurker

You should play Psychonauts another game by Tim Schafer and don't forget the classics like Day Of Tentacle,Sam And Max,Full Throttle etc.
Abbath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
Nick Virago

Anything by LucasArts, it has/had the most awsome adventure games. Even Leisure Suit Larry (by Sierra) isn't as good. You should try "Sanitarium". I'm still playing it and it's really good.

People believe what they want to believe, Calavera.

Nick Virago is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #13
King Dando
Forumite

I would say Escpae from Monkey Island as I bought both that and GF around the same time, and they have the same game engine (am I wrong?) so they play kinda the same. Come to think of it, I haven't finished EFMI yet, something to do perhaps....

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #14
Chep
Rookie

Meh, the ending isn't all that to look forward too.

Chep is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #15
King Dando
Forumite

....Thanks for that.....

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #16
shadow_judge
Rookie

I've done this game last night too. I was very sad, probably because I won't meet Manny again. No word can describe my feeling when I have done the game... it was a pity.. I watched the ending 2 times + 1 time for the credit... EXCELLENT!
shadow_judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2006, 02:00 AM   #17
Sotha-Sil
Rookie

I might add that Blade Runner is a really good adventure game. I love the setting in the game.

SWG-EMULATOR (PRE-CU)
Sotha-Sil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #18
Du Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotha-Sil
I might add that Blade Runner is a really good adventure game. I love the setting in the game.
crap that reminds me I need to get that game too. and it pisses me of more that I saw it a couple of years ago in a sales bin in a department store, but I just blew it off as another corny adaption of a movie. little did I know how good it was, damn it.
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2006, 02:30 AM   #19
Samuel Dravis

I have been on an adventure game spree lately and I've bought most of those games that have been mentioned (the ones by lucasarts at least). Fun!

All the old LA adventures are goooood. The only one I don't have is Sam and Max, which I should be getting sometime soon. If the PC versions are too expensive, you can always buy the Mac cd off of ebay for cheap as free and then use ScummVM to play.

The Dig: awesome music, desolate feel, etc etc.
Grim: Shweeet. Great game.
Blade Runner: IDK, I got a ways though then I ran into a scripting bug for my savegame... fun till that point though.
Day of the Tentacle: lol, fun
The Longest Journey: My favorite ever. Words do not adequately describe it. Music was beautiful too. I will play a bit of it again in a minute just because of this post..
Dreamfall: Was not disappointed by this sequel (WHERES NUMBER THREE!? JEEBUS!)
Monkey Island games: MI1 was awesome and so are the rest. Entertaining, and it has pirates. What more could you ask for?

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Just completed GF. Sad Day!