This is the LucasForums section for the StarWars:Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) games series.
The StarWarsKnights.com moderation team
Keep in mind that the staff members are not employees but volunteers maintaining the forums in their spare time. Sometimes it can take some time before you get a reply.
- The main Starwarsknights.com site.
- You can find a description of each of the KotOR forums here.
- You can also access the other game forums via the main LucasForums page.
- For general forum usage help, check the FAQ.
- You can post general help requests, questions on usage, suggestions, or comments in the feedback forums.
The following staff members can help you with any part of the starwarsknights.com forums unless otherwise indicated - don't hesitate to PM the staff when needed:
(Coruscant Entertainment Centre
(Dantooine Theatre Company
(Coruscant Entertainment Centre
Trouble registering on the boards
If you are trying to register on the boards and are experiencing problems, you can contact me at darth333 [at] starwarsknights.com
* * * * * *
General Forum Rules
The Starwarsknights forum is a friendly community where everyone should be able to feel welcome. To keep it this way some rules have proven necessary. Please keep them in mind when posting here:
1. Illegal material
Do not post links to sites that contain illegal material or discuss where to obtain illegal material (ie where to get illegal MP3s, warez, cracks, etc.). Do not post magazine scans and other copyrighted material. This is prohibited.
Discussions about how to perform activities that are illegal in the US are also prohibited.
2. Obscene material
You may not post obscene material. This includes text and/or images that are violent, disturbing, or pornographic.
You cannot, in any way, insult (or "flame") someone else on the board. People may not be insulted just because their opinion differs from yours. Flaming includes calling people names, insulting them, or saying offensive things to them.
4. Inappropriate language
Refrain from using excessive profanity in your posts. Basically, let the censor do its job. Don't attempt to undermine it.
Avoid using leet/IM/chatspeak in your posts. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a cell phone so please make an effort to use proper English to make your posts easier to read and understand.
(Example of chatspeak: "h0w r u m8" --> "How are you mate?")
We are aware that this is an international forum where not everyone speaks English as their native language. Everyone can make grammar and spelling mistakes and nobody should pick on you for that, but chatspeak is a deliberate choice of style and not a mistake. Members who continually post in this manner will be asked to change their posting habits or they may see their posts edited/deleted at moderators' discretion.
Spamming is strictly prohibited. Your post needs to contribute to the discussion or the topic. Spam Details:
- Do not post messages that are irrelevant to the topic or attempt to derail the conversation. Your posts should contribute to the thread in some manner.
- Chatting is speaking in a light, familiar way and includes informal talk or one sentence posts like “I agree.” Chatting is considered spamming and will be dealt with accordingly in the KotOR boards. However, it will be tolerated to a limited extent in the Ahto Spaceport Cantina. Please remember that Off-Topic forums (such as Ahto) are for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion. The staff will lock blatantly spammy threads at their discretion.
- You may not post threads about the amount of posts, post status, or rank that you or a fellow member has.
- You should not be able to look up at your screen and see that the majority of topics or messages on a page were just created or posted by you.
- Do not start topics meant for posting spam. Find some other forum to work out your inanity.
Please do not make posts simply to move the topic back up to the top of the forum. This is called ‘bumping’ and is not allowed. If people have something relevant to post on that topic, they will. Please be patient when waiting for replies. Don't worry if you don't get a response right away. People around here are helpful and friendly, and if someone knows the answer to something, they'll let you know.
Do not advertise other websites. Please do not make posts or threads about other websites or forums in an effort to direct traffic to them. This generally is not acceptable on any of the forums here. You may include links in your signature but you may not advertise in your posts.
You may not spam the Private Message (PM) mailboxes of other members.
Commercial advertisement for companies or products or services you are trying to sell is strictly prohibited.
8. General posting habits
9. E-mail addresses
- Threads and posts must be placed in their appropriate forums: check out the forum description before posting your message.
- Before posting a new topic, do a search to see if there is already a recent thread on the subject. If there is already a thread similar to what you’d like to post, feel free to read it and post a reply in the existing thread. Note that sometimes the search function is disabled, so do your best without it.
If you can find no suitable thread that has received new posts within the past few weeks you may post your own. Do not revive threads that have not had any activity for months or years this way unless you have something of substance to add to the topic. Making frivolous replies to dormant threads is considered thread necromancy and is generally frowned upon.
- Be specific when you name your topic. This will aid in topic searches and help prevent someone from posting something you already have.
- Please refrain from starting topics on your life experiences unless the scope is focused and narrow enough to foster good, mature discussion. This is not the place to write about what you did during the day, nor is it a place for you to rant about anything and everything of little interest to anyone but yourself. Please use the Blog section for that sort of thing instead.
- Try to stay on topic. Discussion is a good thing and is encouraged, but if what you have to say deviates a lot from the topic, do not post it in that thread. Consider starting your own thread instead. This is a matter of respect to the thread starter.
- If you want to add something to a thread that you have recently posted in, and no one else have made any new posts in, edit your last post in the thread instead of creating a new one. If several days have passed where no one has posted anything and you have something substantial to add to the thread you may make a new post instead.
For your own privacy and security, do not post your e-mail address in the forums. If you want somebody to contact you personally, then please use the Private Messaging system built into the forums, or turn on the option allowing other users to send you e-mail via your profile.
10. Thread/post deletion
The thread deletion feature has been turned off due mainly to the fact that it allowed everyone to delete other people's posts made in the deleted thread. You can ask a moderator to close your thread. Moderators may or may not approve the closure request at their sole discretion.
While you can delete your own posts, do not delete them if a moderator or admin has edited your post for a disciplinary reason. Moderators will
notice deleted posts.
11. Editing/deleting moderator warnings
If a moderator edits one of your posts, do not erase or re-edit that post unless you have the permission of the moderator. If you disagree with a warning or disciplinary measure, do not argue in the thread. Contact either that same moderator or another staff member via Private Messages to discuss the issue and express your concerns.
The exception to this is notices about signature limit violations. If you edit your signature to comply with the guidelines you may remove the moderator notice as well.
In the interest of making the forums easier to read and saving bandwidth for your fellow posters please keep any images in your signature within these limits:
Max Filesize: 80 KB
Max Dimensions: 500 x 120 pixels
Max Images: 3 total. The total file sizes and dimensions cannot exceed the previous rules. All together the images should not total more than 80k in size, 500 pixels wide, and 120 pixels high.
Pictures can be added to your signature in the user control panel using the [IMG] tags:
Signatures that do not comply with these rules will simply be edited or deleted as per staff discretion.
13. Reporting posts
If you witness someone breaking the rules, don't post about it in the thread. Instead, please use the 'report bad post' button (the
button in the lower left hand corner of each post) to inform the moderating staff of the problem. Please use it only to report posts that are in violation of the forum rules.
14. User names
Do not duplicate anybody's nickname, avatar, and/or signatures. Make or find your own. You may not take the name of someone outside the community, such as names or nicknames of game developers, moderators of other communities, and so on. It is strictly prohibited to impersonate someone else.
15. Multiple accounts
Multiple accounts are not allowed. You must also use a valid email address when registering. If you do not like your current account name, please see the Name Change thread
. Please note you may change your name only once every 6 months.
16. Re-registration after a ban
You may not re-register after receiving a ban. If you re-register after you are temporarily banned, you will be banned permanently. If you keep re-registering, you will be IP banned, preventing you from viewing the forums at all.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
The most important rule of all: Don't be stupid. Use common sense.
This is a wonderful rule that covers all the loopholes. These rules are not a code of laws set in stone. Moderators will use their discretion to determine how they are best applied for the good of the community here.
* * * * * *
The Starwarsknights forums use the infractions system
to enforce these rules and sanction those who break them.
Multiple accounts and impersonating someone else
The penalty for having multiple accounts is a permament ban. Do not create a new account if you've been banned. You will also be banned for impersonating someone else.
Spamming, cussing, and flaming
A person who flames others, spams, or uses excessively foul language will first receive a public warning in the thread in which any of these offenses occurred. The staff, at its sole discretion, may also take any other appopriate measures.
If the person does not correct their behavior a final warning will be given via private messaging. If the person still persists he/she will be temporarily banned for a duration the staff deems suitable.
Spamming may also result in the reduction of the user's post count to zero.
Illegal activities and obscene material:
If the person posts links to ROM sites and/or warez sites, the post will be edited and the person will be warned. If the person does it again, s/he will be banned temporarily.
Any user posting pornography will be permanently banned without warning.
Posting commercial advertisements for companies or products or services you are trying to sell will result in a permanent ban from LucasForums without any warnings.
A person will generally receive two public warnings. The staff, at its sole discretion, may take other measures. If someone continues to ignore the rules, that person will be sent a final warning in a private message. If the member continues to break the rules after the final warning, she/he will be banned temporarily. Persisting after returning from a temporary ban may lead to a permanent ban from Lucasforums.
* * * * * *
The staff reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason deemed necessary.
If you have any questions, comments or objections regarding forum moderator actions please address them via Private Message to a moderator; do not post about it in the thread.
And last but not least: Enjoy your stay at the StarWarsKnights.com forums!