lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kreia handmaiden's mother?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
Mandalore252
Rookie
 
Mandalore252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 36
Question Kreia handmaiden's mother?

Do you think that kreia/darth traya is handmaiden's mother?
Ah... yeah i found something on wookiepedia about kreia might be arren kae but i want your opinion any way

I think wookiepedia has some good points like:
-Kreia knows Brianna/handmaiden very well
-Kae is said to be exiled because of the birth of her child, and Kreia to be exiled for Revan's fall but near the end of the game Master Kavar on dantoine says: "I thought you died during the Mandalorian Wars," which would mean that Kreia could not have been exiled for Revan's "fall," since this occured after the Mandalorian Wars.
- The fact that both Kae and Kreia are referenced as being Revan's first master
-Atris's exclamation of "Kreia? That is not her name

there are more but ill not put them all here

So what you think?


Mandalore252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #2
Diego Varen
Left and may not return
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,850
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
There has been a topic like this before, but I say there is a chance that Kreia is the Handmaiden's mother.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
The comments on Wookieepedia grew out of massive discussions both here and on Obsidian's boards.

There are adamant positions on both sides, but no conclusive evidence to neither support nor deny the idea. So it comes down to a purely personal evaluation. I tend to think that Kreia is Kae for the very reasons mentioned here and because her "betrayal in the heart", which is a prerequisite for becoming Darth Traya, is tied either to Revan or Yusanis or both. After all, assuming Kreia is Kae, it would mean that Yusanis refused to join her when she embraced the dark side and abandoned her - she was rejected by the man she loved and the father of her child. And he was then killed by her own favorite apprentice, Revan. Lots of betrayal in Kae/Kreia's past that way.

Another reason is the similarity of names. It's like Kae is the LS incarnation, Traya the DS incarnation, and Kreia the balanced "greyish" person we seen throughout most of TSL. And the name Kreia can be seen to be a combination of the two extremes: Kreia = K(ae) + (T)raya = Kraya = Kreia (just spelled a bit different, but pronounced the same).

But conclusive evidence either way? No.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
goldberry
Forumite
 
goldberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, Enfield
Posts: 610
I agree with Pottsie. In fact, in the fanfic I am writing, I clearly state my feelings on the matter.

One thing you didn't mention:

Kreia is a mixture of her Jedi and Sith names (Kae [K] and Traya [eia]) and the "r" was thrown in for good measure :P

EDIT: Same post time. You just picked me to the post Jediphile.

goldberry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I just can't see Kreia giving up her daughter to Atris, especially since she hates Atris. Anyway, I've already made my points on why I totally disagree with this idea in the previous thread.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable
 
Arátoeldar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Karningul
Posts: 1,574
The Search is your friend.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159734


Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
I find that very hard to believe... Just imagine, Kreia being togehter with Yusanis? No... just no!

By the way, it is obvious that Kreia is fascinated by Revan, and Revan killed Yusanis.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #8
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
I find that very hard to believe... Just imagine, Kreia being togehter with Yusanis? No... just no!
You have a right to your opinion, but it really has no bearing on whether it may be true or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
By the way, it is obvious that Kreia is fascinated by Revan, and Revan killed Yusanis.
Yes, but so what? That happened years after Kreia fell to the dark side and lost contact with Revan. Besides, it's not as if having Kreia as a master would have stopped DS Revan from killing Yusanis in any event.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 AM   #9
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Keep it civil people. This thread is about opinions, while discussion is one thing remember that you need to do so courteously. Thanks.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RedHawke; 10-04-2006 at 06:03 AM.
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 AM   #10
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
I find that very hard to believe... Just imagine, Kreia being togehter with Yusanis? No... just no!
Oh, no kidding. The idea is just wrong. And Kreia was pretty old in TSL, she would have been an old woman still when Brianna was born since she was very young in TSL.

I can't see Yusanis being attracted to Kreia. The idea makes me want to puke.


That's just wrong!

EDIT: Just noticed that Emperor Devon posted before I did. I left my computer while commenting to unload the dishwasher because my wife said it needed to be done and then I come back, finish the post and sent it and saw that Devon mentioned my point about Kreia being very old when Brianna would have been born. Disgusting if you ask me.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #11
goldberry
Forumite
 
goldberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, Enfield
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
By the way, it is obvious that Kreia is fascinated by Revan, and Revan killed Yusanis.
This is what feeds the idea of contant betrayal that started her off as Traya.

goldberry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 03:02 AM   #12
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I doubt it. Kreia doesn't seem at all like someone who'd be willing to get pregnant, and at her age it would be impossible.

Let's look at it: Kreia is in her 80s or so by TSL, yes? The Handmiaden is what, in her early 20s? That would mean Kreia gave birth to a child in her mid 60s.

Pretty difficult to have a kid when you're only a few years away from being a senior.

Besides, who the **** would would do anything even remotely sexual with a 60-year old Kreia? If Yusanis had, it was likely to the Force. If Kreia would go to the effort of bending his mind, why give the child away?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #13
Addlcove
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 118
The thing that convinces me is this

Kreia says the Kae is exiled due to the pregnancy, this is a lie. proof is below

Handmaiden says she remembers her father going to war for the sake of her mother, that is, the mandalorian wars, now for her to remember that she would be at least 7, probably older, so Kae at the time of the beginning of the mandalorian wars was still a jedi, yet her daughter 7 years old. if she, as claimed, died in the wars why would the jedi council declare her an exile when they found out about the daugther... that does not match.

Mical/disciple says that Revan had many masters, and mentions "master kae, until Kae went to war", so Kae was the last master Revan had before the mandalorian wars, meaning we have evidence she was still a jedi when she went to war.

Kreia says that revan returned to her for training before the end, now in Kreias view, being a greyhood now, his end would be his fall, meaning the mandalorian wars.

now remember that although kreia looks like "an old hag" the Darkside does that to people, sidious as the obvious example.

Handmaiden is most likely between 20 and 25 (aged 5-10 at the start of the mandalorian wars, add 5 years for the wars and 10 for the exile's exile)

Arren Kae, is to my knowledge never been given an age, but if you say she was in her late twenties/early thirties at the war, then add 15 and the use of DS = 80 year old looking hag.
Addlcove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #14
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addlcove
The thing that convinces me is this

Kreia says the Kae is exiled due to the pregnancy, this is a lie. proof is below

Handmaiden says she remembers her father going to war for the sake of her mother, that is, the mandalorian wars, now for her to remember that she would be at least 7, probably older, so Kae at the time of the beginning of the mandalorian wars was still a jedi, yet her daughter 7 years old. if she, as claimed, died in the wars why would the jedi council declare her an exile when they found out about the daugther... that does not match.
As much as I agree with you, this is not proof. Kae was exiled before she went to fight in the Mandalorian Wars, but she had already given birth to Brianna close to a decade before that. The masters did not find out that she was pregnant. They just found out that she had been pregnant or just that she had a child, then they exiled her. Assuming that's the real reason for her exile, which I still doubt. But the timetable alone does not disprove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addlcove
Mical/disciple says that Revan had many masters, and mentions "master kae, until Kae went to war", so Kae was the last master Revan had before the mandalorian wars, meaning we have evidence she was still a jedi when she went to war.
Sorry, but what he actually says is this:

Disciple: "Many of the Jedi Council trained Exar Kun, Ulic... Revan and Malak. How could they not see the danger they posed? And if they could not......perhaps there was some essential part of their teachings that was flawed. Something beyond the Jedi Code that they were missing. Revan had many Masters. Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before Kae left for the Wars. Towards the end of his training, he sought out many to learn techniques.It is said that he returned to his first master at the end of his training, in order to learn how he might best leave the order."

"Until" might suggest right up to the point when she left, as you suggest, but Mical really just says "before", which could mean a year or a decade before she left. On the contrary, it seems clear from this comment that Revan's last master was also his first. It would seem obvious that this master is Kreia. Whether she is also Kae is another matter, though Mical also says, "As a Padawan, Revan was trained by Master Kae, before she was exiled."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addlcove
Kreia says that revan returned to her for training before the end, now in Kreias view, being a greyhood now, his end would be his fall, meaning the mandalorian wars.
I don't think so. Revan didn't fall just before the Mandalorian Wars, but rather during the wars, closer toward the end.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Addlcove
now remember that although kreia looks like "an old hag" the Darkside does that to people, sidious as the obvious example.
Agreed. I find any speculation about Kreia's true age to be highly debatable. As Atton says, "She may have been good-looking once, but it takes some hard living to make creases like that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addlcove
Handmaiden is most likely between 20 and 25 (aged 5-10 at the start of the mandalorian wars, add 5 years for the wars and 10 for the exile's exile)
According to Wookieepedia, she is 25 in TSL, given that the game takes place in 3951 BBY. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brianna


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #15
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
According to Wookieepedia, she is 25 in TSL, given that the game takes place in 3951 BBY.http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brianna
So that would make Kreia... What, 55 years old when she was born.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #16
Addlcove
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 118
Shem, not if kreia despite the fact she looks 80, is only around 65 at the time of TSL, seeing as how using DS corrupted her
Addlcove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
And may I ask how Wookieepedia can know how old exactly Brianna is?

To me Kreia is very old. 70-80. And she is not corrupted (in her appearance) the way other people are. By the way, not everyone who falls to the darkside turns ugly. Just look at Bandon. Dooku.

In the movies, only Palpatine is "deformed" and "scarred". Dooku, Maul are not. And Vader's uglyness is due to his injuries I'd say.


Also, I doubt that when developers worked on Kotor I, they already got Kreia in their mind.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
^^^^
Also considering Kreia has a corrupted look in the "exiled" cutscene.. and it wasn't her age. Pasty skin, black eyes and a wicked robe.. same wrinkly face though

Sorry, but Kreia (imo) just looks as if she's already ancient without the DS helping her along.. hehehe
We've never seen Kreia before she fell to the dark side. The "exiled cutscene" is when she is cast from power by the other Sith Lords, who then assumed her power. You'd think she had already fallen before then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
And may I ask how Wookieepedia can know how old exactly Brianna is?
I'll accept it for lack of a better source. But fine - prove Wookieepedia wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
To me Kreia is very old. 70-80. And she is not corrupted (in her appearance) the way other people are. By the way, not everyone who falls to the darkside turns ugly. Just look at Bandon. Dooku.

In the movies, only Palpatine is "deformed" and "scarred". Dooku, Maul are not. And Vader's uglyness is due to his injuries I'd say.
And of those characters, who does Kreia remind us the most of?

Besides, ages are pretty odd in Star Wars at times. I mean, did Anakin seem to be about 46 years old in Episode VI, when he took off the mask? Well, he was (actually, he wasn't even quite 46 yet)... Did Obi-Wan seem to be 57 at the time of his death? He was... Palpatine, however, is presumed to have been around 86 at his time of death, yet doesn't seem to have aged much physically during the last 20 or so years of his life.

And we know that Kreia is scarred just from listening to Atton: "It takes some hard living to make creases like that." Even "the fool" Atton knows that Kreia marked by her life - her atrophied eyes might have been a clue - so it seems more than reasonable to assume for me.

Kreia might be as old as you think, or she may not even be 60 yet. We simply don't know. If I think she's only 57 - like Obi-Wan in Episode VI, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me - then who's going to decide whether I'm right or wrong? I'd rather we just stuck to discussing what we actually know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Also, I doubt that when developers worked on Kotor I, they already got Kreia in their mind.
Sure, but so what? Adding characters and events to blank parts of established characters' pasts is quite common in fiction, so I don't see your point.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #19
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!
 
ChAiNz.2da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee (USA)
Posts: 6,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
We've never seen Kreia before she fell to the dark side. The "exiled cutscene" is when she is cast from power by the other Sith Lords, who then assumed her power. You'd think she had already fallen before then...
True enough

However in every instance in the history of the games.. the DS never corrupted ones appearance with "aging". Full-blown DS transitions (even Kreia's or Palpatine's if we stretch into the movies) has always been represented by 'veiny, pale, undeath-like' features.. but not one wrinkle in the whole lot. Palpy was already an old fart when he got all uglified

Why would Kreia's transitions be any different?


"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"


| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #20
Master Kavar
Junior Member
 
Master Kavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
...However in every instance in the history of the games.. the DS never corrupted ones appearance with "aging". Full-blown DS transitions (even Kreia's or Palpatine's if we stretch into the movies) has always been represented by 'veiny, pale, undeath-like' features.. but not one wrinkle in the whole lot. Palpy was already an old fart when he got all uglified

Why would Kreia's transitions be any different?
I defer to the only person onboard the Ebon Hawk who knew Kreia before the fall, Mical:

Mical: I know you - not even the markings of the dark side can hide it. Why have you done this?

I think that's a pretty strong endorsement from Mical, that the dark side has sufficiently haggered Kreia's face enough to make her appear even older than she is.

I too believe that Kae and Kreia were the same person, and obsidian was just playing it subtle to avoid fans critiszim for the whole "Luke, I am your father!" bit. That's what I like about the whole conspiracy, it's subtle, like everything Kreia does.
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #21
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!
 
ChAiNz.2da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee (USA)
Posts: 6,848
^^^^
Also considering Kreia has a corrupted look in the "exiled" cutscene.. and it wasn't her age. Pasty skin, black eyes and a wicked robe.. same wrinkly face though

Sorry, but Kreia (imo) just looks as if she's already ancient without the DS helping her along.. hehehe


"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"


| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #22
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast
 
HerbieZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,053
What are you guys saying. Kreias hot!

J/k peeps, no need to worry. On a serious note, i hate this rumour. I see it floating around all the time and i think TSL divulges enoguh information for you to interpret that Kreia and Kae are two seperate individuals. If all this were true then i would have thought that when you can get Handmaidens mothers robe, Kreia would react to it.


Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #23
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ
If all this were true then i would have thought that when you can get Handmaidens mothers robe, Kreia would react to it.
It's funny of the things that come if you think about it.

I went through some old pictures I had and here are some that stick out.


I don't see the resemblance between Brianna and Kreia. No freaking way.


Kreia beautiful? Oh boy!


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #24
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
It's funny of the things that come if you think about it.

I went through some old pictures I had and here are some that stick out.


I don't see the resemblance between Brianna and Kreia. No freaking way.
Right. None at all...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Kreia beautiful? Oh boy!
Atton: "She may have been good-looking once, but it takes some hard living to make creases like that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny C
i thought it could be possible, but there are some things that contradict.

Firstly, Kreia didnt say arren kae was exiled because she had brianna, she said it was controversial,
Actually, she does...

Kreia: "You are spending time with the servant of Atris. I knew her mother. She was a Jedi Knight - a master, named Arren Kae. Jedi are forbidden to have children, and when the crime finally came to light almost a decade later, Kae was exiled. She joined the Mandalorian Wars after the shame of her birth was revealed."

Even the Disciple says Kae was exiled:

Disciple: "As a Padawan, Revan was trained by Master Kae, before she was exiled."

I find it more interesting why Kae was exiled. Disciple never says why, nor does the Handmaiden. Only Kreia does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny C
secondly, Kreia was exiled because she was blamed for Revan due to her teaching, which would mean she had to have been still among the jedi during the mandalorian wars, whereas Arren Kae was among the jedi who went with Revan to fight, and was supposedly killed during the mandalorian wars.
Kreia doesn't give us a specific time for when she was exiled. All she says is this:

Kreia: "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single idea. That is why Atris and the others blamed me, sentenced me. They believed me responsible for Revan's fall."

However, we can easily conclude from the meeting with the masters that she was indeed exiled just prior to the Mandalorian Wars on the basis of how they respond to her.

Kavar: "I thought you had died in the Mandalorian Wars..."

Kreia: "Die? No - became stronger, yes."

Vrook: "Is this your new Master, exile? If so, then you follow Revan's path. Her teachings will cause you to fall as surely as he did.We sought to lure the Sith out... and now they have come to us."

None of the masters fought in the war, and indeed exiled all who did. If they thought Kreia had died during the wars, then she would have been exiled just around the same time as Kae. And note that Revan's alleged fall when he decided to go to war is what decides the matter - Revan was a knight right up to the point he and Malak split the order and left to fight the war. If the masters blamed Kreia, then that is exactly the time she would have been exiled.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.

Last edited by Jediphile; 10-05-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #25
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Right. None at all...
This picture proves my point. Those two look nothing alike.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 03:08 AM   #26
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
This picture proves my point. Those two look nothing alike.
To each his own - I think the exact opposite.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 03:37 AM   #27
Manny C
 
Manny C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Australia: the Tatooine of the real world
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Right. None at all...

Kreia doesn't give us a specific time for when she was exiled. .
no but more light is shed on her trial in the holovid of the exile's trial, they mention her and her teachings, which would insinuate that she was not tried until the exile was tried, which was after malachor V, and after the end of the Mandalorian Wars.
Manny C is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 AM   #28
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny C
no but more light is shed on her trial in the holovid of the exile's trial, they mention her and her teachings, which would insinuate that she was not tried until the exile was tried, which was after malachor V, and after the end of the Mandalorian Wars.
She could not have been trailed after the Mandalorian Wars, because Master Kavar says to Kreia on Dantooine "I thought you died in the Mandalorian Wars." Look, this is just my opinion, but to me, I think Kreia is definitely Kae.

I don’t feel like typing a mammoth post explaining why I think Kreia is Kae today, but I will some other day, perhaps tomorrow. All I’ll say at this stage is that it cannot be proven either way if Kreia is or isn’t Kae, but I’m convinced that she is. Nothing has come up which has convinced me otherwise so far.

By the way I agree with Jediphile, I can actually see the resemblance between Kreia and the Handmaiden. I think they do look alike; just try to imagine Kreia without wrinkles and those weird eyes.
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #29
Manny C
 
Manny C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Australia: the Tatooine of the real world
Posts: 179
i thought it could be possible, but there are some things that contradict.

Firstly, Kreia didnt say arren kae was exiled because she had brianna, she said it was controversial, secondly, Kreia was exiled because she was blamed for Revan due to her teaching, which would mean she had to have been still among the jedi during the mandalorian wars, whereas Arren Kae was among the jedi who went with Revan to fight, and was supposedly killed during the mandalorian wars.
Manny C is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 02:35 AM   #30
Melly
Junior Member
 
Melly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fixing things with Bao-Dur...
Posts: 274
Wookieepedia knows how old Brianna and Mical are (25) because that's how old the devs said they were.


"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #31
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly
Wookieepedia knows how old Brianna and Mical are (25) because that's how old the devs said they were.
Damn it, where's all that dev information? I can't believe I don't get to know those things. Is it on obsidian's website?
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 11:28 PM   #32
Melly
Junior Member
 
Melly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fixing things with Bao-Dur...
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Damn it, where's all that dev information? I can't believe I don't get to know those things. Is it on obsidian's website?
It was in the thread there ages ago (I couldn't tell you which one). One of the devs posted that Mical, Brianna, and I think Mira are all 25.


"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #33
Manny C
 
Manny C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Australia: the Tatooine of the real world
Posts: 179
i think one big question we need to ask ourselves here is, who cares? Even if the information the game gives is ambiguous enough to justify that kreia is handmaiden's daughter, the fact is that it doesn't affect the story. The only relationship between the handmaiden and kreia that exists in the game is that handmaiden is used so that kreia can reach the Telos academy whenever she wants. And the only other thing is resentment for any feelings the exile might have for handmaiden because she thinks it will weaken him.

The dev's give neither any indication that kreia is her mother, nor does any of the dialogue in the game. This whole thing is based on a "but they dont say she's not" argument, but they don't have to, Kreia doesn't like handmaiden, and as atton says, the only reason she had her onboard is as a pawn. Not only that, but she didn't fight in the Mandalorian Wars, unlike handmaiden's mother, as kreia was only exiled from the jedi AFTER the mandalorian wars, as indicated by the holorecording of exile's trial.
Manny C is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #34
SkyWoulf
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10
[QUOTE=Manny C;2187856]i think one big question we need to ask ourselves here is, who cares? Even if the information the game gives is ambiguous enough to justify that kreia is handmaiden's daughter, the fact is that it doesn't affect the story. ]


Kreia? Handmadien's daughter? i would like to know when she gave birth! lol
SkyWoulf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #35
reven0123
Rookie
 
reven0123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bolton England
Posts: 180
she is not her mother it's just unintentional conjecture on obsidians part i tired of seeing this argument every were i go were this game is being discussed
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #36
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by reven0123
she is not her mother it's just unintentional conjecture on obsidians part
According to who? You? Who appointed you judge and jury on the topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reven0123
i tired of seeing this argument every were i go were this game is being discussed
Fair enough. After all, you have every right to your opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Feel free not to click on subjects clearly marked as dealing with this in the future. You may be tired by this topic, but that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't allowed to pursue the discussion.

Jediphile, I’m sorry but I find this post to be an 'attack' style post. While discussion is one thing, these kinds of responses are not discussion. You did something similar to Vaelastraz above. Perhaps practice what you preach, if a post irritates you feel free to not respond to it. -RH

@RedHawke. I disagree violently. Besides, why I am told off, when the person I respond to is clearly responds to something that annoys him, and even says so himself. I could make a better case, but I do not wish to annoy anyone else here. I would be untruthful, however, if I did not admit that I feel you're being biased against me and singling me out here. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jediphile, I’m sorry you feel that way, but the warning is valid... check your PM inbox. -RH

@RedHawke. Fair enough, but when I'm the ONLY person being told off in public, then your bias is showing. You do realize that, don't you? And as I told you in your PM box, you would not have had to tell me to cool it if you had done so to others first. I don't see that I have given offense here, but even if I did, I know I was not the first to do so - Jediphile

Jediphile, I'm sorry but there is no bias here, you do realise as I told you in my PM to you that I did previously warn everyone to "cool down" in this very thread. -RH


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.

Last edited by RedHawke; 10-15-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #37
reven0123
Rookie
 
reven0123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bolton England
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
According to who? You? Who appointed you judge and jury on the topic?



Fair enough. After all, you have every right to your opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Feel free not to click on subjects clearly marked as dealing with this in the future. You may be tired by this topic, but that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't allowed to pursue the discussion.
i never said i was judge and jury on this and nor do i claim to be all i was doing was pointing out a fact that is in the game if you lisiten and pay attention to the story which can be difficult at times you will realise the kreia and the handmaidens mother are two completely different people and not one and the same

Last edited by RedHawke; 10-07-2006 at 02:12 AM.
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #38
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by reven0123
all i was doing was pointing out a fact that is in the game if you lisiten and pay attention to the story which can be difficult at times you will realise the kreia and the handmaidens mother are two completely different people and not one and the same
But it's precisely listening closely and paying attention to details that has led me to conclude that Kreia may indeed be Arren Kae. Note that I say "may", because there is no conclusive evidence, though there is circumstantial evidence to suggest it (many similarities between Kae and Kreia).

But neither is there anything that proves Kreia is not Kae. I've participated in this topic before, and nobody has been able to completely confirm or completely reject the idea. And we have looked VERY closely. I'm not the only one thinking Kreia may be Kae either, and was initially against it myself on the same basis that most who don't like the idea are, which seems to me to be primarily on a basis of shock and disgust. Which is fine as far as opinions go. But it neither proves nor disproves anything.

Evidence would seem to come from observations in the game's plot, events, and dialogue, regardless of whether we like their consequences or not. And I have yet to see an observation that indisputably established that Kreia cannot be Kae, especially when we consider that most of the information on the topic comes from Kreia herself, who is clearly trying to hide her identity, most obviously from the Disciple.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #39
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by reven0123
i never said i was judge and jury on this and nor do i claim to be all i was doing was pointing out a fact that is in the game if you lisiten and pay attention to the story which can be difficult at times you will realise the kreia and the handmaidens mother are two completely different people and not one and the same
What the hell are you babbling about? "If you listen and pay attention to the story which can be difficult at times you will realise that Kreia and the Handmaiden's mother are two completely different people and not one and the same.”

What? I must have missed something too, because if you listen and pay attention to the story yourself, you will realise that it cannot be proven either way if Kreia is or isn't the Handmaiden's mother.

When Jediphile said "According to who? You? Who appointed you judge and jury on the topic?" He was referring to the fact that you sound as if your opinion is factual and unquestionable, that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, as if your the arbiter on the topic, when your not!

You say it's a fact that Kreia is not the Handmaiden's mother, but show no proof of this. Why should we believe you, since you cannot provide any proof? As I've said, there is no definitive proof at this stage to determine whether Kreia is or isn't the Handmaiden's mother, so the next time someone disagrees with you, and rightly so in Jediphile's case, and in my case, do not say things such as 'if you listen and pay attention to the story'.

It is uncalled for, and impolite, and until you can prove that Kreia isn't Kae, don't insult anyone in any way who disagrees with you, especially Jediphile, as he evidently does pay attention to the story, which he has demonstrated in many of his posts on here and when he used to be active on the Obsidian forums.

I challenge anyone who says that it's a fact that Kreia isn't Kae to provide their so-called proof of this, because it is not a fact. The same thing can be said vice-versa as well, as it cannot be proven that Kreia is Kae, but the theory has a lot going for it, and IMO, I think Kreia is Kae, but can't prove it...

Edit: Jediphile: I didn't see your reply to 'reven0123's' post last night when I replied to his post in your defense. If I had of, there would have been no need for me to post in your defense, as you have already done that yourself.

Nevertheless, I still would of had something to say to 'reven0123', because I don't like how he claims as if it's an esatablished fact that Kreia isn't Kae, when he can provide no proof to support that claim.

Last edited by The Architect; 10-07-2006 at 05:15 AM. Reason: I made some mistakes and wanted to correct them...
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2006, 08:22 AM   #40
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
The Exile was at the Academy at that time too, or is she older than Revan?
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Kreia handmaiden's mother?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.