lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lost modules - PLCaa, MQATester, and M25ab
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
[K1] Lost modules - PLCaa, MQATester, and M25ab

Apologies for not uploading these sooner, forgot about them for a while...

Click Here, and then click on '3lostmodules.7z' without the quotes to download.

OR Download both these and the Czerka and Tatooine Temple modules at DeadlyStream.

For those that aren't modders/don't know, you put the .mod files into your modules folder

The other files are for use in modding.

PLCaa contains some bizarre room animations, while I think MQAtester must have been used to show off the engine's versatility at E3 or somesuch...What the MQA stands for I have no idea...M25ab, is, of course, the cut bit of the Shadowlands from Kashyyyk

Screenshots:

PLCaa:

MQAtester:

M25ab:

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?

Last edited by Darth InSidious; 03-01-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Adding/updating links
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
MQAtester probably stands for
Module
Quality
Assuarance
test area.

The same is probably true for PLCaa for that matter.

Wasn't there a module area with the Sarlac you had unearthed.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Not quite...There's a temple that seems to have been made for Tatooine...That's in its own thread...I deduced that that was the entrance to the Sarlacc Pit from the large octagonal pit...But there's nothing at the end of the pit - the actual Sarlacc is missing...

Intereting on what MQA et al stand for

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 02-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #4
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Hmmm...

I wonder though...if these modules are still there, is there something left of the 'sixth' planet (Shylon or something) as well? Because that first few screens look like nothing I've ever seen before, maybe some remains of the planet?

Anyways, nice to see this, thanks!

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
Hmmm...

I wonder though...if these modules are still there, is there something left of the 'sixth' planet (Shylon or something) as well? Because that first few screens look like nothing I've ever seen before, maybe some remains of the planet?

Anyways, nice to see this, thanks!
Didnt RH do a mod fo Shylon? At least I know he added a planet as I have that mod for K1 Or did he jus use exsisting modules? Its a while since I played it so can't actually remember! Out of interest doesnt anyone know where the Polish dudes that did that Yavin IV mod got the modules from? I've only seen screenies but looked good!

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #6
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Didnt RH do a mod fo Shylon? At least I know he added a planet as I have that mod for K1 Or did he jus use exsisting modules? Its a while since I played it so can't actually remember! Out of interest doesnt anyone know where the Polish dudes that did that Yavin IV mod got the modules from? I've only seen screenies but looked good!
Every area mod ever made to this date re-uses existing area modules. However it can feel like an entirely new area based on how a mod maker places them together and make the player feel new to the area.

Redhawke never made a Sleheyron mod. He made Ord Mandell and a small area mod called Weebul and Utinii's shop.

Yavin IV was also made up of re-used modules and they start you off on the Top of the Unknown worlds temple.

Now Gsccc did a storyline mod for K1 called Reign of the Sith. This mod if I recall properly had a Sleheyron area too it which was a reskin of Tatooine. ROTS also had a Reskin of Dantooine which was to make it Hoth.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #7
Cryptobionika
Banned

As far as I know, there is absolutely no modules of Sleheyron planet. In fact, all that exists in game (cut or not) are just some referrers in dialogues. Seems that Bioware didn't have the time to even start the planet, or chose not to. In any case, there are absolutely no Sleheyron modules I've ever heard of. We know what was supposed to be on the planet, however. It was going to be a vulcanic planet, probably industrial, ruled by Hutts.
In TSL's "Fuel for Telos" quest it was mentioned by Vogga the Hutt that the fuel will be transferred from Sleheyron. I kind of expected Obsidian will include Sleheyron in TSL, but it never happened. Well, I'm getting far from topic. I already answered the question - no, no modules I've ever heard of.

P.S. Who knows what is "PLCaa" module... Might be something from Sleheyron, might not be. At least doesn't look similar to anything I've seen in KOTOR.
Cryptobionika is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #8
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptobionika
P.S. Who knows what is "PLCaa" module... Might be something from Sleheyron, might not be. At least doesn't look similar to anything I've seen in KOTOR.
http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopi...=89&highlight=

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

@Cryptobionika: There are four, but they are literally just the room models, and have no lightmaps, no walkmesh, no layouts, no nothing - in other words, they are completely useless. There's also a Czerka depot which is complete and MAY have been part of Sleheyron.

@ZTalker: Seems unlikely. I'd guess it was another test module...

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 02-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #10
knightmare66
Rookie

There were modules for Sleheyron, they appeared in several pre-release screenshots. There was even a landing pad with the Ebon Hawk on it. Bioware obviously excised them completely before the game shipped.
knightmare66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #11
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

@km66: the landing pad was a proto-version for Dantooine - check the skybox

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 AM   #12
Toris
Lurker

Quite Nise !!!
How you create this modules???
Toris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 06:53 AM   #13
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

I didn't.

They were left-over in the game files

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #14
knightmare66
Rookie

One idea just ocurred to me- has anyone checked the layouts.bif and models.bif from the Xbox version? Maybe there are more areamodels that got scrubbed out to fit on the PC install CDs.
knightmare66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #15
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

The combined pack of these modules and the Tatooine temple and lost Czerka base is now available for download from DeadlyStream. A link has been added at the top of the thread.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Old 07-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #16
Thadius Faran
Lurker

First one is definitely E3 demo

Second was no doubt used to test lighting
Thadius Faran is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #17
DeathScepter
Rookie

I am working if we can use this modules for a new storyline mod for Kotor 1.
DeathScepter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 AM   #18
Cryptobionika
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
I deduced that that was the entrance to the Sarlacc Pit from the large octagonal pit...But there's nothing at the end of the pit - the actual Sarlacc is missing...
Some time ago I heard that the Star Map was originally planned to be placed at the bottom of the Sarlac pit, not in the Krayt Dragon's cave. I find it pretty weird, but this info came from some source after all, so maybe it's true.
Cryptobionika is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Lost modules - PLCaa, MQATester, and M25ab