lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Manny 2.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Grifter_Grifts
Rookie

Manny 2.0

Well, I've been poking around the forums for a couple of weeks now. I'm still playing the game for the first time, and realize that most of you have completed it years ago, yet still manage to contribute to the GF community. It really means alot to the new guys like me, who are behind. I don't feel like I'm abandoned, left playing some game long forgotten by everyone else. I've noticed a trend here: You remain as dedicated as ever, discussing the game, analyzing the story, creating beautiful art, writing, and discussions. Some of you have made HUNDREDS of posts here... I know I will feel the same way, once I have finished the game.

I mentioned in my other post that I would be starting to make 3D models of GF characters in a couple of weeks. I decided to start working on a Manny model ASAP. I thought it would be fun to imagine what Grim Fandango 2 might look like, so I'm giving the models a slightly updated appearance. I hope this doesn't ruin it for anyone... (Maybe it will inspire Lucasarts to get going on a sequel, lol) It is also exactly what our movie will look like. It's nowhere near being finished, but you get the idea.

You people are obviously the glue that holds this place together, and keeps Grim Fandango alive. THANK YOU! Playing the game wouldn't be the same if you hadn't kept the community going all these years. Anyway, here are a few 1280x1024 screenshots of the model for anyone who wants them for wallpapers. Once Manny is completed with all his outfits, I'll be looking to make another character immediately. Any suggestions? Who is your favorite character?

Sorry for these long posts, BTW

Last edited by Grifter_Grifts; 08-01-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Grifter_Grifts is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
lipton
Rookie

glad to see you fell in love with this game! But then again how can't one?
That is one really good model, and thanks for the backgrounds btw.
Do Glottis next :P :P :P

btw the longs posts just shows that there still is new blood in the forums who reads and becomes a part in our little society
lipton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
Grifter_Grifts
Rookie

Thanks!

I went back and drained some of that new blood out of my post, though... Blah, blah, blah... I assumed that was VampireNaomi's job, but she ain't biting.

I type fast, so before I know it I've written a freaking novel, lol.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
JagJedi
Rookie

Great looking 3-d models of Manny! Keep up the good work Grifter!
JagJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Those look awesome! I especially like the third one with that hellish sky in the background.

Long posts are perfectly okay with me, and I'm sure the other mods and Thrik (the big boss around here) agree. I actually prefer them to posts that only consist of one word or so. Gotta have some substance if we want to have a discussion.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
Grifter_Grifts
Rookie

Thanks He still needs some work. Alot of little stuff that gets tiring. It doesn't help that I'm having a hard time focusing, either; I just quit smoking a week ago, after 12 years. I must refrain from tearing my hair out, hehe.

I wasn't saying it was your duty to shorten posts, btw... I just saw a blood/vampire connection there, so made a lame joke, lol.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
Aticus
Rookie

Very nice,like the models
Go make GF 2 and put the suffering to the end just joking....
Keep up with good work...
Aticus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #8
Shuz

Welcome to the forums and those models look great.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
You should give this to the guys who are making the GF Half life mod. These models are very good

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Blue Casket > Manny 2.0