lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Do you ever look at stats?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Do you ever look at stats?

When I play I tend to just look for the coolst armor and be done with it. Do you guys ever look at the stats?

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
In KotOR 2, no.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
I'm the complete opposite. In most RPGs, I spend ages looking through my inventory to get the perfect combination of stats for each character. However, if there's one thing that is only a little bit better than another, but looks far uglier, then I will use the cooler-looking item. If the difference is large, I'll stick with the ugly.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
In my first play-through, I really payed no attention to stats of anything. I just used what armor looked coolest and what weapons had the coolest names or something. Now, I go by stats, although I just know what armors are better than others by now. However, I still don't really pay attention to "max dexterity bonus" and I have no clue what a "balanced" melee item is or the critical threat range of some items. I just go by defense bonus with armors and max damage with weapons.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
Hmm I pad attention to stats until I realized that the was real cool armour. Which really didn't take long.

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Most of the time I wear the coolest armor, and I only change to powerful, but ugly when I am about to fight some tough guy

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Not usually, I'm all about the armors and robes and cool stuff, ie added or expanded content, reskins, etc. Replay value is huge. RPGs are of course usually statistically oriented games anyway so those who have a more stats-based RPG inkling will most likely look at the stats more, whereas someone (using myself as an example) more used to action adventure games will be less inclined in that direction and more inclined towards aesthetics and basic combat.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I don't usually look too much, unless it is a real hindrance. I usually go for the good look and fun character.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Jamps

When I played through KotOR the first time I didn't really look at the stats on much of anything. In fact, I had much of my team equipped with quarterstaffs and other random but somewhat cool things. Of my many times playing through it since then I have tailored my character's equipment to his stats and the situation he's in.

The second game was interesting because of all the different combinations you could make and the increased level of customization.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Do you ever look at stats?