lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Never again, LucasArts.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Moot
Lurker

Thumbs down Never again, LucasArts.

The Force Unleashed 2 has finally taught me the importance of only ever renting LucasArts games.

I went from Easy through Unleashed in 3 days, found the game to be way too short (even though they tried to make it seem longer with all their cut-scenes,) too limited in scope (nothing really to explore - you just go in a straight line,) and the Gorog was just silly. In fact I'd say that the Gorog part ruined what was already a ho-hum game.

So rest assured, LucasArts, I'll only rent the next one.
Moot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Mythic
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: more Wars
I first played TFU2 by accident (thanks best friend) and I thought "This is awesome!" and then someone said me to go play TFU1, and I was like "This makes TFU2 look like a joke"

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Mythic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Klw
Rookie

I hate it when they take a great movie with a complete storyline and try to pin on two more films to make it into a trilogy. It's not a trilogy; it's two separate stories told in three movies. If there was any possibility of the first movie being so popular that it would inspire a sequel, why didn't you leave any openings whatsoever for the story to be continued? The only good trilogies are those that were trilogies to begin with.

Just look at what a flop Pirates of the Caribbean turned out to be. I'm getting the same vibe from TFU2 that I got from Dead Man's Chest. Both are basically an extended trailer for the third installment.

The Star Wars prequel trilogy, even though it was meant to be a trilogy, is also guilty of this. Episode 1 was a complete story with a beginning and end. Episode 2 basically started all over again and did nothing more than set the stage for Epsode 3. That's two separate stories crammed into one trilogy, not one continuous story like it should be, and it's exactly what they're doing to TFU.

Even if it's not one continuous story, why not three stories? That can work too. The Lord of the Rings was one story but it was also three separate stories. At the end of the Two Towers you had at least been treated to a complete storyline about Saruman that essentially began and ended in the same movie. If Christopher Lee's character had been defeated in Episode 2 of Star Wars, the ending wouldn't have felt so abrupt. In fact, it would have felt like the proper conclusion to a movie mostly about his actions.

The Two Towers was a story within a story. TFU 2, as much as you'd like to call the duel with Vader a climax, was still only half of a story.
Klw is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
i will agree that the game was a failure, it didn't live up to a lot of expectations, but i kind of liked the story, maybe it is just that i am a sucker for endings that weren't endings, and a story that is definitely going to end, i am still looking forward to Unleashed 3, i just hope they keep an eye on forums, and reviews. make steps forward, not backwards.

The level i hated in the first game (the bull rancor) is too similar to the Gorog, it was just tedious, doing the exact same thing over and over and over, with very little accomplished each time. Hopefully there isn't a level like this in TFU3, but maybe some people liked it.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Well I liked the gameplay and the graphics weren't too shabby. just what really killed it was, yes, the Gorog level and also the fact that it was too short. If they make a TF3, I may get it, or it least play it at a friends house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I love when people register new accounts just to give LucasArts a piece of their minds, and never come around again, not realizing that LucasForums is in no way connected to LucasArts or any of part of George Lucas' empire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Yeah, we get those quite a bit. Especially around the Republic Commando forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Well, like his screen name says, his post is moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Never again, LucasArts.