Thread: Vanity Thread - Show Off Your Fancy Gear!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Vanity Thread - Show Off Your Fancy Gear!

Lynk and I were discussing the new gear our respective characters just got and I figured it would be good to have a thread to post pics of it in. So if you have some swish new gear, this is the place to post it.

I'll start off. Both my Mercenary and Juggernaut dinged 48 today, and I bought them some long overdue new gear to celebrate.

The Merc got the TH-16B Elite Corpsman set:

And the Jugg got the freaky Vader-esque Ancient Paragon's set:

The helmet for this set has an interesting voice modifier, a bit different than the normal helmet one. Here's a video of it in action compared to the regular voice (male Sith Warrior, Steve Valentine) and the standard helmet/face mask modifier:

View page
YouTube Video

I'm pretty sure this is what Vader would have been like if Lucas had hired Tim Burton as the concept artist.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 01-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Oh wow, that helmet you have for your Jugg is pretty damn awesome. I'd definitely keep that to end game and beyond if it's moddable.

We've been doing hard mode flashpoints trying to get epic gear and I managed to score a Columi chest piece and pants for my Vanguard so he's looking pretty cool at the moment even though I only have 2 pieces out of the full set...

Show spoiler

...and then I have Silvana who has finally gotten rid of that Bladestorm armour that you see every Marauder with and gotten herself a purple robe, the same one I had her wear in beta.

Show spoiler

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Nothing particularly exciting, but after hours of searching I was finally pleased to get some moddable armour for my Sith that actually looks cool and as Lynk says, isn't Bladestorm armour - I was getting sick of running around in those ablative pyjamas.

Show spoiler

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Getting a lot of epic gear lately...

Show spoiler

Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Just a few days after I complain about not finding any good helmets and how I'm still walking around with a chestpiece from Balmorra and I get a purple helmet and a matching chestpiece during a two hour quest chain with another player. Not as impressive as DP's Mercenary, but I'm sticking with it until something better comes. Only showing above the waist because I haven't found in decent matching leggings.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
That's the same helmet I had before the current one. Think I bought it with commendations on Hoth from memory. I think it's part of the TH-15B War Medic armour set? If not then it's a reskin of the same model at least.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
That's the same helmet I had before the current one. Think I bought it with commendations on Hoth from memory. I think it's part of the TH-15B War Medic armour set? If not then it's a reskin of the same model at least.
TH-15B Commando set, so yeah, it's the same model but with slightly different colors (just like the TH-15B Vanguard set and probably another as well).

Old 01-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Going to have to load FRAPS.. ToR's screenshot gizmo kinda sucks tbh
Probably only use it for action scenes as it only takes forward looking shots, but at least the GUI is out of the shots. If there is a way to tweak this, PLEASE let me know. FRAPS is a memory hog if not watched. I'd rather not use it unless I'm capturing footage

Also, the (2) helmets I've found so far look so stupid on my gunslinger I had to disable the head slot so they wouldn't show . Too bad it doesn't work for my companion as Corso landed my hand me down.. hehehe

I'll load a few screenies later on when I get things squared away and sort out my 1,000 twilek dancing shots (I think that market has been cornered )

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES!!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES!!
I look at that and think...

Show spoiler
mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #11
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Damn, that's one seriously ugly helmet. Looks like he has a really bad thyroid condition.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #12
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Damn, that's one seriously ugly helmet. Looks like he has a really bad thyroid condition.
It's meant to be a TOR version of the Snowtrooper helmet, but yeah, agreed... it's horrible... Jeff and Kus don't think so but I don't like it at all...

Unfortunately it's part of the Tionese, Columi and Rakata sets of epic gear so I have no choice but to use it until BioWare allows me to switch out all of the mods into my previous helmet and use that...

...for now, I'm gonna turn off the head slot for my Vanguard.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #13
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Just got the sort of rare pink (magenta) lightsaber crystal:

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
Scorge
Jedi Master

Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
And the Jugg got the freaky Vader-esque Ancient Paragon's set:

Where did you get the set?? Can you please tell me?

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObiWan View Post
Where did you get the set?? Can you please tell me?
As I said in the first post, it's the Ancient Paragon set. It's intended for around levels 46-48 or so. You can get various pieces from commendation vendors plus random loot drops, or off the GTN. As far as commendations go, from memory I think maybe the helmet and gloves are on Voss and the boots and legs are on Corellia. Can't remember exactly. I know I had to buy a couple of pieces off the GTN. The chest piece at least, and I recall a second piece. Whatever it was, I know they cost me about 25,000 credits each (versus about 12 commendations per piece for the rest). There's also a recoloured version that has a lot of red. Can't remember the exact name, but it was something like Ancient Vanguard I think. It should be pretty easy to spot from the helmet icon.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #16
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ mim: It reminds some people of something else...

Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #17
Scorge
Jedi Master

Got some epic gear from foundry flashpoint, look kind of freaky.

Show spoiler

Yea, also hit lv 38 a few days ago, Ishould hit 50 in 3 weeks or if im lucky, 2

Formally MrObiWan

Old 02-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #18
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Curiousity:

Anything barbaric or spiked for any class? (For example, resembling the band GWAR, or like Legion Of Doom with their shoulder pads)

Any cowls of sorts (starkiller style or ninja style)? (Deep red, black, violet, dark green, dark gray, or dark brown)

Any high-neck stuff that partly covers the face? (I guess like Malak's jedi jacket for lack of a better example...maybe japanese or chinese style outer attire)

Any sort of neon glow colors for armor (besides the yellow-beige color--no offense)?

Oh and I almost forgot...anything Vlad-ish?
Show spoiler

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
Scorge
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
Any high-neck stuff that partly covers the face?
You mean like this? The first obtainable one is from a quest Dromund Kaas , its called "Explosive Discontent". You can get that Neck/ear part from this quest if you are a sith warrior.

Show spoiler

Formally MrObiWan

Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObiWan View Post
You mean like this? The first obtainable one is from a quest Dromund Kaas , its called "Explosive Discontent". You can get that Neck/ear part from this quest if you are a sith warrior.

Show spoiler
Not quite, but that definitely might work for something else I'd had in mind.

I meant more along the lines of:
Show spoiler

Except the profile not so wide. Maybe closer to the face, like a male version of Tia Hallibel's neck cuff ...thing.
Show spoiler

(Hmm, and now that I think about it in create player vids there are some awful close facial/hair matches for her if I were to make a female character--any chance of making a mulatto or red skinned blonde?)

Old 02-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
This game is hellbent on keeping my leading lady in "sportsbra" armor. Can't say as I'm complaining though.. hehe Not a whole lot different than what she was wearing, but she now sports the front drape and a sweet 'backpack'

Vette inherited the hand-me-down. hawt.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #22
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Show spoiler

Thanks to Mav, Jeff and Lynk.

Not a big fan of the cape, but it is epic.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Priss is one tough cookie... she has her trusty blasters, an infinite collection of grenades and steel tipped boots to kick you in the nuts.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Show spoiler

Not something I can really show off, but I'm happy. Now to work on the next two slots.

Last edited by mimartin; 03-03-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I'm really happy with the way my Marauder has turned out...

Silvana the Pure

Old 04-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Last night and this morning was very, very good to Brem.

Went on a story ops, which didn’t go great. One of the bosses gave us a few problems as we just couldn’t kill it before it enraged. Got as close as 2% once (10% the first time), bunch of noob mistakes. Including me, but we learned and called in one person when someone had to leave and killed it with no problem. The rest was fairly smooth, other than me forgeting a section of a puzzle, because I was healing while doing it and drew too much argo.

However, what went great is, I was the only smuggler in the group, so I got pants, gloves and a offhand weapon… I can hear Lynk now…You don’t use an offhand weapon. Nope, but I now use the way higher mods in my main weapon.

I will also say there is a point in the Ops where everyone has to fight an elite one on one. You can only get help after another has killed their enemy. If you damage someone else’s opponent or heal an ally then that part of the quests resets. Mav told me this causes trouble to scoundrels, well Brem not only held her own, she got in a few licks to a tank's opponent too after killing her elite with no help. I was even the 3rd or 4th out of 8 done (mine did have the least amount of health, but I also have the least amount of damage attacks and my most powerful damage attacks had to be done carefully to prevent splash damage that would have reset the area). We quit before the last boss, because of the late hour. The 2nd boss just took us way too long.

Then this morning I spent 200 Daily Commendations, for Campaign Relic of Ephemeral Mending which is +84 Endurance and more importantly gives a 50% chance to restore an addition 470 health over 3 seconds, once every 20 seconds. All in all, I need boots and hat to finish my Columi armor set, the only other thing I need is a new gun, but I already have the Mods for it.

Last edited by mimartin; 04-29-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
waaay down the ladder but working slowly up with the help of the Guild Master and some very nice Guild members, finally changed to DPS and i see some improvement already almost was able to kill a Sith Elite that had stumped me last night in Nar Shaddaa, i will have to get used to the new points but am grateful for the help.

Ceaern and Kira in new kit

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #28
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

From Ashnard to Zelgius... at least some of my crew has gotten their own style going... a few are still works in progress but there are others which look perfect just the way they look.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #29
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Interesting gear. I have ideas and such.

Wondering about the names of some of this and locations for when I can finally start in.

View page
YouTube Video

0:57 Assassin's garb with horns. Very nice.

1:06 The agent's helmet reminds me a bit of war machine. Plain item or special?

1:41 Really neat shoulder guards, very primitive-ish. What are they?

Any of it class restricted?

Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #30
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Now full Rakata except boots and bracers which are black hole...Need Augs on my main hand weapon and a 50 Aug on my shotgun and I will be fully aug too.

Got the hat in ops this weedend, bought the bracers with weekly/daily black hole coms and more importantly got the SM ops achivement to get my red speeder. Good TOR weekend.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #31
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Got the hat in ops this weekend, bought the bracers with weekly/daily black hole coms and more importantly got the SM ops achievement to get my red speeder.
I agree the hat is très chic, but now I can't see Brem's green skin and tattoos. Those are two of her best features!

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 07-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #32
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

The hat is gone...couldn't take looking like every other smuggler for too long as to the tattoos, I thought those were beauty marks.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

The new and improved Darec Tarquin. With the "Unify Color" feature, I really love how the whole thing looks in gold. I am hoping, however, that the Campaign chestpiece for my mercenary that I've been wanting, which is blue, will be looking at least as good.

The whole outfit.

Update: Darec now has the Black Hole Chestguard and I'm glad the whole thing works out great. The helmet's colors are awesome, I think.

Last edited by Miltiades; 12-19-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #34
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

<3 Priss

I really love the blaster pistols I picked up for Priss... they look like RoboCop's pistols... which is awesome cause both Bubblegum Crisis (where I got my inspiration for Priss) and RoboCop were both inspired by Blade Runner.

One of RoboCop's guns.

I also love her speeder... which matches perfectly with Priss from Bubblegum Crisis.

...and just in case you're wondering who or what Priss from Bubblegum Crisis is...

Aw yeah.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 AM   #35
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Got a new look happening for my Vanguard... this is the first real cahnge I've had in months...

Does my belt have a Republic emblem on it? Yes, yes it does.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #36
Sylthar
Rookie

I like a lot of these pictures. Perhaps Pub side is good... for gear. Storyline wise, I wanna shoot myself in the face. xD (Although I love DS Smuggler. >)

I'll be posting my guys and gals when I get to the point at which I actually log in again... which will be when I get paid so... Although, tbh most of my guys are Chiss/Miraluka that use the Covert Energy Torso. xD

Sylthar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #37
Astor
It's Thornhill!

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Resubbed the other week... decided to start a new character to get the hang of things again, and then I saw the 'Valiant Jedi armour'. So meet Tasiele Yularen -

It's a shame they haven't done that awesome Sith Marauder armour from the trailers, though.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #38
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I also really like the look of that new armor. I like that the belt is actually under the robe, instead of over it like every other JK style armor.

Btw Astor, for some reason your image isn't loading, unless it's just me.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #39
Sylthar
Rookie

Yeah, it's not just you. lol I thought maybe his picture was just taking a long time to load like the others (cuz I'm on my phone) but heh... it never popped when the page finished loading.

Sylthar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Huh. I can see it perfectly. Welcome back, by the way, Astor. Hope to catch you in-game one of these days!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Vanity Thread - Show Off Your Fancy Gear!