Thread: Found an egg
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Eefluxx

Found an egg

So I was datacron hunting on Taris, was trying to get the one near Brejiks Run Outpost, went up the pipe and turned the wrong way. I went right instead of left. Jumped across a building, ran a little further and lo and behold I found an egg.

I hear it is rare to find one since they have a long respawn rate. I had previously seen the one on Alderaan but died falling off the cliff trying to find a way down to it. I just told myself later after I do my quests I will come back to it and see what it is all about. I never found it again.

So I was pleasently surprised when I found this one and how easy it was to get to.

My guildmates on the Shadowlands server told me the steps I need to take to hatch it which I will probably do later in the future but were impressed I found one saying it was rare to find them in game.

Feel Free To Disagree.....Most People Do Anyways
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Saw one drop the other night in HM LI...I passed. Brem does not hatch eggs.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Eefluxx

I finally hatched mine, got me a pet Orakeet, cute little thing, looks like a DoDo with ruffled feathers. A guildmate left the planet she was on to come to the planet I was on and walked me thru the steps. Said it was easier to show than it was to tell.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
wow i had not realzed there were eggs ..i. thiought the post was about an Easter Egg.

that sounds fun. is it hard to hatch?

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Eefluxx

They are not hard to hatch if you are a high enough level, around the hatching site is some bad guys but if you are a high enough level they won't mess with you. As a lower level you might have to fight some of them to get to the solar panels to hatch it. You have about a 30 minute window from getting the water buff to getting to the solar panels to hatch it.

There are several different kinds of eggs that hatch different pets.

Some pets you can buy outright and some are part of events that if you missed I believe you missed the pet. Plus some can be aquired on the GTN as well I believe. It is cheaper to find the eggs which some of them you can find on youtube or other sites that give directions to where they found theirs.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:35 AM   #6
HildaMorgan
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eefluxx View Post
They are not hard to hatch if you are a high enough level, around the hatching site is some bad guys but if you are a high enough level they won't mess with you. As a lower level you might have to fight some of them to get to the solar panels to hatch it. You have about a 30 minute window from getting the water buff to getting to the solar panels to hatch it.

There are several different kinds of eggs that hatch different pets.

Some pets you can buy outright and some are part of events that if you missed I believe you missed the pet. Plus some can be aquired on the GTN as well I believe. It is cheaper to find the eggs which some of them you can find on youtube or other sites that give directions to where they found theirs.
Hatching at high level is bit tough. I was never able to achieve it but at low loeve there is no such problem

Last edited by HildaMorgan; 10-28-2013 at 01:07 PM.
HildaMorgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
CrisG
Aging Jedi

OK thanks ..i am level 34 with my current character...so i am not sure if that is high or low, kind of middle but thanks for that explaination much appreciated.

DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I was around level 36 when I hatched it; I have a pet orokeet and a Crimson Rakghoul. [I dont play anymore now, maybe in a year]

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Ok thanks, i may try it but i am not fond of pets, too distracting..i have a mechanical mouse pet that came with the Collectors edition but i just dont use it much. but thanks anyway. it is a clever idea on the part of the developers.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #10
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Wow. Sounds like a bit of Square-Enix's influence with Dragon Warrior/Quest monsters. I say them and not some other monster game on account that DQ5 was the first sort fo instance of that type of game where you had monsters as pets. Just too bad in SWTOR they don't do something useful. I got a parrot bird thing from a cartel coin pack.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Found an egg