lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: easy way ripping [.SOU & mid from .001]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #1
dibiz

easy way ripping [.SOU & mid from .001]

there is a way to split .SOU to MANY wavs? and extract automatically MID from SCUMM files?
dibiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
jannar85

Nope. You need SR.

Regards,
Atle Ragnar Jarnæs Lerøy | Gamedeveloper

Runestone Entertainment

Stay tuned. Soon Launched.
Roger Foodbelly -.- Official Site
jannar85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2003, 03:50 AM   #3
Scrib

I've got Scumm Revisited.

I had no problem decompressing all of CMI's music files into WAVs, but i'm having some trouble finding music files on MI1, MI2, Sam and Max, DOTT, and Indiana Jones + The Fate of Atlantis.

Where are they located when you use SR?

"Now you've done it. You've broken Sam's spirit with your stupid attempts to pick up object # 397. In fact, if I didn't find his pitiful sobbing so amusing, I'd come out there and rip your limbs off." ~~~Max
Scrib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2003, 06:02 AM   #4
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

Are you aware that their music is not based on wave files, but on midi? You can find those midi files in the files with ".001" extension. There open LFLF, SOUN, SOU. In DOTT there are always three version, ROL (Roland), ADL (Adlib) and GMD (General Midi). You may have trouble playing them from SCUMM Revisited, but saving and then playing should work. There may be another problem:
iMuse. That means that there will be several layers of music on top of each other which you would have to rearrange.

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2003, 07:13 PM   #5
Scrib

yeah, i knew they're midi based, and i eventually found the music files, but they sound kind of strange even when i save them to a new folder. Ah well, does anyone know when Imuse Island is reopening (if they are at all?)

"Now you've done it. You've broken Sam's spirit with your stupid attempts to pick up object # 397. In fact, if I didn't find his pitiful sobbing so amusing, I'd come out there and rip your limbs off." ~~~Max
Old 07-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #6
Scrib

oh yeah, and what format is best for listening to the music? (like GM, Adlib, Roland etc.)

Old 07-07-2003, 09:57 PM   #7
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
Just as a hint, you shouldn't bother extracting all those music files... HighLand Productions already did perfect arrangements of all those files, you should get their versions.

Since the Mix-n-Mojo network isn't working completely (yet) you can get those files at the German DOTT-fansite "Die Tentakelvilla" ("The Tentacle Mansion"):

Click HERE

That link already points you to the download-page, so you'll understand where to click, though it's German... I am SURE.
Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > easy way ripping [.SOU & mid from .001]