lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JA lightsabers ?
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2003, 04:44 PM   #21
Psynex

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolrajh
About the spec files, I haven't tried yet. But I think it is applied in Max as well. The spec textures' format and elements positionnings are exactly the same as the common textures.... And you can affect a map to specular under Max as well. So I believe it is all work with Max. What I haven't really figured for now are the glow options. File format is different, so I don't know yet. Will see later, probably. Those two things, specular and glow, are what can truly make the differences between one common hilt and one good one
Ok, so I looked into it. I figured if there was more then one texture involved with the skinning of a saber (especially spec and glow) that shaders HAD to have a part in it. Found in the weapons.shader you will get your answer:

models/weapons2/saber_5/saber_5
{
{
map models/weapons2/saber_5/saber_5
rgbGen lightingDiffuse
}
{
map models/weapons2/saber_5/saber_5_spec
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE
detail
alphaGen lightingSpecular
}
{
map models/weapons2/saber_5/saber_5_glow
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
glow
detail
rgbGen identity
}
}

All sabers are listed in there. I sampled saber_5 because it used spec and glow textures. No need to add your sabers to the weapons.shader, just make a .shader file with those attributes for the spec and glow.
Psynex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > JA lightsabers ?