lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: STUCK - beast chases me *spoilers*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-14-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
X-Lee
Lurker

Question STUCK - beast chases me

Hi men!!

I've a big problem with this great game, and please help me to get over this damn part...
I'm on the 3rd level, and during the 2nd mission. A big beast wants to kill me, and I don't know how to defeat it?! I killed many jedis, and the beast also. I'm in the last room the whole base, so I can't go anywhere...

Please help me. Thx - Lee
X-Lee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2003, 02:46 PM   #2
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

You must be at the mutant rancor mission.

It cant be killed. You'll have to go deeper into the level and lure it into something, turn on a swtich and kill it.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
Sam Fisher
eh.

Wow crow, you sure are helpful.

Cult Investigation - Tanaab
Watch the intro cutscene. If the dead cultist is any indication, stay the heck away from that mutant rancor. From the start, run straight ahead. Jump up to an alcove with a switch on it. The switch will activate a crane which will pick up a crate covering a door. A cultist and his duelist pal are just inside. Lure out the duelist and let the rancor eat him. The cultist is a pushover, just keep on slicing. Before you go through the next door, I really really recommend using Force Absorb. One of the enemies, the cultist, has level 3 lightning which really really cuts through you like nothing else. After this, the level wholly degenerates into a mad, frenzied, though wholly enjoyable romp through the area. Whenever you see a green door, enter within. Note that some doors do not open until the enemies around it are dead. Which either means you had better be extremely good at dueling or simply lure the rancor to eat them. At the end of one of the hallways, hit a switch which will clear a box nearby allowing you to jump up there. Secret area up here.

Secret Area: Before you jump down to the other side, turn right, jump up to the other crates, and walk all the way to the end of the crates, to the big pipe with the electricity all over it. Now, look about 45 degrees to the right, see the big blue glowing transparent door? Jump over to that platform, go to the left of the door into the small alcove, and there is a medpack and a large shield booster.

(The secret area above was discovered by JarJarBinks of the jediknight.net forums.)

Keep running until you find another door. Just outside the door should be a switch, which will lower a box into position. Walk through the door. Checkpoint! Run up the ramp in the room and kill the duelists inside. I believe there are three of them, two dualsabers and one staff. They almost exclusively use push, grip, and lightning. So absorb would be quite useful as well as protection. When they are dead, you can take a small rest. Secret area nearby.

Secret Area: Run outside, past the rancor, towards the blue forcefield at the end. On the left side there should be a small alcove with some goodies.

Return to the control room, and hit the switch up the ramp when the rancor is in front of the control room.

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2003, 12:44 AM   #4
Chuahtemoc

Post or if you want to do it cheat style...

if you want to do it cheat style, lol, you can just type npc spawn kyle and npc spawn luke in the console. they'll sit and fight it for like three years before they die, and you can go on and finish the level on your own pace :P.

YORIMOTO says SUMiSUMi!!!

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God -- I know not what course others may take; but as for me -- give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

3x50p 11.21.03
Chuahtemoc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2003, 03:01 PM   #5
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Quote:
originally posted by Sam Fisher:
Keep running until you find another door. Just outside the door should be a switch, which will lower a box into position. Walk through the door. Checkpoint! Run up the ramp in the room and kill the duelists inside. I believe there are three of them, two dualsabers and one staff. They almost exclusively use push, grip, and lightning. So absorb would be quite useful as well as protection. When they are dead, you can take a small rest. Secret area nearby.
[/I]
BE CAREFUL in this room! Once when I was clearing the room of enemies, the mutant rancor came up and grabbed me and pulled me THROUGH the wall! I guess the rancor's reach is so long that it bypassed the wall.

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2003, 04:22 PM   #6
Sam Fisher
eh.

BTW, I would just ignore all the Cultists for the time being, and just hit all the switches, and if you need to, shove some lightning at them.

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2003, 03:44 AM   #7
Chuahtemoc

Post that works

plus if you just force speed past most of the cultist and push them towards the rancor, the rancor will slow down to eat them. :P funny isnt it

kind of like vs. 1 :

lol

YORIMOTO says SUMiSUMi!!!

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God -- I know not what course others may take; but as for me -- give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

3x50p 11.21.03
Chuahtemoc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > STUCK - beast chases me *spoilers*