lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: we gotta start modding..
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #41
Lil' Jawa
Rookie

maybe if we could make new textures, I think races or new "classraces" can be assigned with scripting just like in NWN, so maybe we could write it in the beginning of the game to warp your soldier or scoundrel to a Zabrak bounty hunter or some such, even change screen name etc.

Creatures can be spawned and made party members too I think, hmm i'm gonna try and see if these can be done now..

Fer all your KOTOR modding needs:
http://www.sith-res.tk

..Press any key to continue..
Lil' Jawa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 02:53 PM   #42
HazardX
Rookie

Lil' Jawa, how did you compile the script files?
I made a little script (nss), but the NWN Compilers are telling me they can't find NWN (which is somehow correct, cause i don't have NWN). How do i get them running with KotoR?
HazardX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 04:58 PM   #43
Lil' Jawa
Rookie

Don't understand really how you mean you compiled without NWN but if you don't have NWN try this compiler(I think it should work without):
http://www.torlack.com/index.html?to...nsscomp_readme

Though remember you need all the KOTOR includes I added in my "kotor_module" or it wont compile.

Old 12-30-2003, 05:13 PM   #44
tuskenguy
Rookie

Lil'Jawa, I am no programmer but I am trying to edit your script a bit (new items for lightside..maybe neutral or something) but I cant figure out how to change the alighnment points? What I am looking to do is give the light jedi the star forge robes.
Could you help me out?
tuskenguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 05:14 PM   #45
HazardX
Rookie

I'm not able to compile the nss file to a ncs file.
I already tried Torlack's Compiler, but it gives me the Message "Unable to locate or open Neverwinter Night".
Old 12-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #46
Lil' Jawa
Rookie

Hmm you're right, it doesn't work without NWN, perhaps you could try the beta compiler which was released free though it is 241mb large:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/80000/88066.shtml

Old 12-30-2003, 07:19 PM   #47
somrandomguy
Rookie

While not related to this topic at all, Jawa, I think this link fits nicely with your sig.
somrandomguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2003, 04:45 AM   #48
HazardX
Rookie

I was able to make a KotoR compatible version of nwnnsscomp. I had to fix some paths and to pass some syntax errors in the nwscript that comes with KotoR.
Seems to work well now. I'll maybe upload it tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:02 AM   #49
Phelon
Rookie

Patience, young Skinners.

I'm currently analyzing the graphics used for the GUI, as they are 2D and should be the easiest to work with. It is interesting, however quite difficult to figure out. As an estimated guess, I probably know about 20% of what is needed for changing the graphics without guessing what *might* happen.

Given my current progress and determination, I might be able to comprehend the texture format in about a week or so, but I won't make any promises on that. I've still got a lot to figure out, and I've been at it for about a week now.

I'll keep you posted on my progress though.
Phelon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2003, 11:57 AM   #50
Lil' Jawa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by somrandomguy
While not related to this topic at all, Jawa, I think this link fits nicely with your sig.

HazardX: Sounds good, just wish Torlack had released the source code for his programs instead of just discontinueing them like that..

Phelon: I look forward to seeing your first skin(that will be like a milestone in kotor editing imho).

Old 12-31-2003, 12:01 PM   #51
HazardX
Rookie

Jawa, you can download Torlack's Sources at Torlack.com.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:00 PM   #52
Lil' Jawa
Rookie

Ahh, anyone tried compiling with MSVC 2003 yet?

Old 12-31-2003, 01:38 PM   #53
HazardX
Rookie

I'm using VC.Net, it shouldn't be very diffrent.
Make sure to download the YACC-MSTA or you'll recieve a YACC Error on compilation.
I still have problems with ATL/WTL Components (Used in the NWN Explorer to create the GUI) but nwnnsscomp doesn't use it.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:41 PM   #54
Phelon
Rookie

Lil' Jawa:

[Force Persuade] You don't want to see a skin done by me.

Unless you wanna be blind.

But I'll show the way to anyone interested, but as for the actual skinning, they'll have to do that by themselves. I'll simply figure out how and maybe, only maybe, come up with the necessary tools not at hand (which will most likely be a texture-converter). But that's still going to take a while.

I'm more of a coder than anything else, and not even a good one.
Phelon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2003, 05:07 PM   #55
tuskenguy
Rookie

about textures and models...I can open them up in torlacks explorer, but when I export them and try to open them with a model editor (.mdl of course) it gives an error...what did bioware do to their files? lol..if anyone can get the wav files out im a decent sound editor..made a few soundpacks for games like day of defeat...i would like to see what I can do with the lightsaber noises :P
tuskenguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 12:12 AM   #56
hochi1942
Lurker

How does it work?

do u start as a jedi after u wake up from the bed or ??

I did put it in the override folder and when i start it starts a soldier ?
hochi1942 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 02:28 AM   #57
eidospsogos
Veteran

i don't care about the models. i want the skins. two different things. one is a 2 dimensional piece of art that wraps around a 3 dimensional piece of art(called a model ) to give it texture, and indeed visibility.

so yes phelon, please please please, how do you get to the skins? what's up with the .raw format? how do you open/edit these things?
eidospsogos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 06:17 AM   #58
Darth Exar Kun

i know its allmost impossible but i think it would be cool to make armor look like the actual armor like plant your character's head onto the orginal model like Darth Bandon and Calo Nord's armor, i was rather dissapointed with there ingame states well if we ever get to the modding extent the Jedi KNights series i won't deem it undoable. as so many things were done in that game mostly multiplayer but allmost anything is possible if we had the right scripts etc..
Darth Exar Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 01:21 PM   #59
Den Baster
Rookie

The Main question you know as to start cutscene? In NWN cutscenemode
And in Kotor'e what?? I have studied the scripts, but yet has not found the decision......
And why speakstring don't work how get debug message???

Last time I hard studied the script. I have made new party NPC and
Has studied a little mechanism Ai for NPC. As small successes with dialogues
However them to edit still there is no opportunity. Me interests than
Except for NWN explorer still it is possible to open dlg, utc files. If to learn it will be
normal to edit dialogues it is by the precondition to do(make) a good plot and new tasks.
Whether exists the documentation on files Kotor. I shall be very grateful for this information.

Öe can together make new ideas for Mod or at least exchange knowledge here on a forum. That
that I have changed yours Mod that slightly it was only in research, now I work above the
author's project.

Now I preparing Mod where I try to turn a plot of game in the other direction. You from a
beginning of game occur on Taris, then receive the task to destroy jedis with Korriban.

I have already enough knowledge for creation a Mod, but I want to make really good work.
http://www.fieldglory.narod.ru/shots.htm
sorry for my worse english

New global mod for SW:KOTOR
http://www.fieldglory.narod.ru/
Den Baster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 01:24 PM   #60
Den Baster
Rookie

The Main question you know as to start cutscene? In NWN cutscenemode
And in Kotor'e what?? I have studied the scripts, but yet has not found the decision......
And why speakstring don't work how get debug message???

Last time I hard studied the script. I have made new party NPC and
Has studied a little mechanism Ai for NPC. As small successes with dialogues
However them to edit still there is no opportunity. Me interests than
Except for NWN explorer still it is possible to open dlg, utc files. If to learn it will be
normal to edit dialogues it is by the precondition to do(make) a good plot and new tasks.
Whether exists the documentation on files Kotor. I shall be very grateful for this information.

Öe can together make new ideas for Mod or at least exchange knowledge here on a forum. That
that I have changed yours Mod that slightly it was only in research, now I work above the
author's project.

Now I preparing Mod where I try to turn a plot of game in the other direction. You from a
beginning of game occur on Taris, then receive the task to destroy jedis with Korriban.

I have already enough knowledge for creation a Mod, but I want to make really good work.
http://www.fieldglory.narod.ru/shots.htm
sorry for my worse english

New global mod for SW:KOTOR
http://www.fieldglory.narod.ru/
Den Baster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > we gotta start modding..