lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Rumsfeld's Apology
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #1
Datheus
Whosawhatnow?

Rumsfeld's Apology

I caught sight of the local newspaper's front page today...

Now, my frist instinct was rage. I could not believe that the newspaper would place a picture of him rubbing his eye below a headline. Where they really trying to convince people that this man cares?

Well, I snatched the paper and scurried up here to scan it. I had Wacky upload the picture... and then I noticed. I noticed that the BBC has a similar picture with a similar headline.

Now I'm a bit perturbed. The BBC wouldn't play along with such a game, right?

So now I'm left with two concepts:
  • Media groups are bending truths in an attempt to make Bush and his cabinet appear to have some level of compassion. This, of course, would be nothing but smoke and mirrors. Unfortunately, the BBC would seem to be in on the game.
  • Rumsfeld put on an act to make it appear as if he has some level of compassion. Again, smoke and mirrors. However, depsite a brief search... I found no textual evidence that Rumself actually cried during his apology.

So what's the deal? Who's eating all the chocolate? Something is far from right in this picture... And I do not like it.
Datheus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2004, 01:20 AM   #2
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Re: Rumsfeld's Apology

Quote:
Originally posted by Datheus
I caught sight of the local newspaper's front page today...

http://wacky.echonetwork.net/stuff/R..._T_Crybaby.jpg
I saw that also. I find it just horrid that they would put on this insane lie of a picture. I dont' really know what else to say.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”

Last edited by SkinWalker; 05-10-2004 at 12:07 PM.
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
You know how Poker players have certain traits when they 'bluff'. Maybe thats Rumsfeld's poker face...
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2004, 02:31 PM   #4
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title

I think it's more like his "GAWD I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS CRAP HAS BEEN GOING ON THREE FOOKIN' HOURS" face. I'd be looking weary too.
CapNColostomy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2004, 09:48 AM   #5
toms
v0.9

i suppose the US government has just got so used to "filing" Red Cross and Amnesty International reports in the trash that they didn't even look at this one when it was sent to them about a year ago.

As for the whole "apology" and the assertions that it was just the individuals involved, what aload of rubbish. It is clear that it was a climate of either enocouragement, or at the very least ambivilence from high up.

Just wait till the really bad rape, murder and abuse pictures and videos come out.

Playing: Link to the Past, Astroboy, Kario Kart, Mario World (Micro) KOTOR 2: Sith Lords (Xbox) Morrowind (PC)
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #6
XERXES
werd

oh no the drama! *hides*

for some reason I saw that pic and thought he was doing some westside gang hand symbol for about 2 seconds.

like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Rumsfeld's Apology