lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: adult happy meals???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-19-2004, 03:08 AM   #1
Grace
Forumite

Question adult happy meals???

McDonald's is doing adult happy meals starting may 6. Wierd, but here's the story: McDonald's 'Go Active'
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #2
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Erm, thats pretty funny, fat people and all, but is it really a serious discussion?
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2004, 04:06 PM   #3
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
At this point, any discussion could be considered serious in the Senate!

Whew! It's been quiet here (makes mod duties easy).

Is the McDonald's Adult Happy meal a result of genuine interest in the health and well-being of cutomers?

Or is it a corporate strategy to fill the need of consumers?

Subway has Jethro (or is it Jericho? Jarred?) who lost poundage eating sub sandwiches. They don't really mention that he probably got the half-sandwich and exercised 20 min to an hour each day.

Now Subway has the Adkins friendly menu... so does TGI Fridays and proabably the rest of the Applebees-like chains of Bar/Grills for the overpaid.

I think its simply a captalistic response to what most conusmers want. McDonalds would find a way to sell arsenic in ketchup packets if they thought people wanted it and would pay for it.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
toms
v0.9

had a kfc salad last week, surprisingly ok... although i doubt it was any healthier than the bun. except in my mind.

I always figured subway was healthy (for fast food anyway), this atkins thing is a joke.

Burger King now do a chicken whopper lite... which is about 1/2 the size of the chicken whopper. just having a normal chicken whopper without mayo is better for you.

---

For a minute i thought we would get the cool happy meal toys without havig to have the sucky little cookie sized burger that comes with them. oh well.

Playing: Link to the Past, Astroboy, Kario Kart, Mario World (Micro) KOTOR 2: Sith Lords (Xbox) Morrowind (PC)
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2004, 08:20 PM   #5
rccar328
Forumite

Personally, I'm not sure if this is an effort to "give customers what they want" or just an attempt to evade law suits by fat people.

I don't think that people who got fat by eating McDonald's hamburgers are really gonna buy "adult happy meals," or whatever they're calling them. It's just so that they can tell the judge that they had a healthy alternative on their menu when some fat person sues them because they're fat.

This is what a lack of personal responsibility is doing to America.
rccar328 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2004, 12:59 AM   #6
MennoniteHobbit
Veteran

From the sounds of it, I think that "adult happy meals" are just another way McDonalds can make more money.

MennoniteHobbit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2004, 01:50 AM   #7
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by rccar328
This is what a lack of personal responsibility is doing to America.
do you mean mcdonalds or the heavy people?

If people don't wish to be heavy set, PUT DOWN THE FATTY FOOD!

Personally anyone who thinks they can eat mcdonalds all the time and not gain any weight or increase they're fat/muscle ratio, is an idiot.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2004, 09:40 AM   #8
ShadowTemplar
Heathen

I'm calling it a publicity stunt.

ShadowTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #9
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
i like a big mac from time to time. but i simply enjoy it too much to cook myself (together with the girl and kid) to eat pre-prepared food. i also want my kid to know what it means to make a meal and that food is more and means more than "to take away or stay in?". one point is that 60% of the stuff you eat is taken to drive your brain.
so basicly i think not the (fast)food is "bad", it's more the culture of eating which causes health problems.

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2004, 02:07 PM   #10
--ZeeMan--

YAY!!!!! finally i might be able to gain weight

but in all honesty this is probably going to be bad for the culture as a whole.

^ Tutorial on this coming soon!
--ZeeMan-- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #11
rccar328
Forumite

Quote:
do you mean mcdonalds or the heavy people?
I mean the "heavy people." It lends to the same kind of mentality that says, "It's not my fault that I got burned when I spilled flaming hot coffee on myself! It's McDonald's fault for not telling me it was hot!"

Only this time, it's, "It's not my fault that I got fat by eating McDonald's food all of the time! It's their fault for 1)not telling me that it would get me fat (which has been changed to avoid law suits), and 2) not offering me a healthy alternative (which is what we are seeing now)!"

It's a response to the rumors of law suits to be filed by fat people against McDonald's for "making" them fat, because they won't take responsibility for going back for the Big Mac time and time again instead of eating something healthy for a change.

Quote:
i think not the (fast)food is "bad", it's more the culture of eating which causes health problems.
That's exactly what it is.

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years, but I heard that their new salads were pretty good. I might give them a try.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
~John F. Kennedy

True Conservatism

rccar328 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 07:56 PM   #12
shukrallah
White Dragon

Man... i was hoping for a big meal, and a toy! lol...

Im just waiting for someone to look in a mirror, and sue the mirror company because they are ugly
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 11:26 PM   #13
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
It wouldn't be America if lawsuits weren't involved...

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2004, 06:51 PM   #14
kipperthefrog
Veteran

what kind of TOY would ADULTS get with the Mickey-Dees happy meal?

"ADULT toys"? (wink-wink)

kipperthefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2004, 07:21 PM   #15
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

I work at Mcdonalds, and theres no way in hell I'll be serving adult happy meals, Unless...it's a hot mom ............then she'll get a normal meal, with a special toy eh guys? eh eh?

"We all Have to Die Someday, I'm just lucky I got to say my goodbyes before my term was up."-Randy Darke (R.I.P)
-=DarkZero=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #16
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
Quote:
Originally posted by †Ë×odusº§näkë†
I work at Mcdonalds, and theres no way in hell I'll be serving adult happy meals, Unless...it's a hot mom ............then she'll get a normal meal, with a special toy eh guys? eh eh?

..........I'm 14, please...College girls and High School Seniors are better..........

BTW- I'm a vegetarian!! But, I still got to lose weight..........

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > adult happy meals???