lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A Couple of Suggestions
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-10-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
boranchistanger
Junior Member
 
boranchistanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Death Star
Posts: 281
A Couple of Suggestions

I have a couple of suggestions for both the website and the forums.

1. It doesn't seem like there is a ton of information of the swbattlefront.net website. Perhaps some detail about planets, the different units in the 3 factions that have been revealed should be posted.

2. I think all the different links to different articles by the numerous gajming websites should all be posted on one page in the website. That would make it easier for new people coming in.

3. Hosting for Battlefront clans would be a good idea. That has been very successfull in other games and is great for clans who don't have the money to buy a decent host.

4. On the clan forum, please make it a rule that each clan only get one recruitment thread for itself. I am amazed that numerous clans have 3, 4 threads dedicated to themselves.

-Boran


Leader of the Imperial Expeditionary Force, the first clan created for Battlefront.

www.eforceclans.com
boranchistanger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2004, 12:45 AM   #2
Jed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: A Couple of Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by boranchistanger
I have a couple of suggestions for both the website and the forums.

1. It doesn't seem like there is a ton of information of the swbattlefront.net website. Perhaps some detail about planets, the different units in the 3 factions that have been revealed should be posted.
I've been updating all the content, but it's a matter of getting it back on the site. Somebody reset the FTP info, so it'll be fixed soon - I'm also on vacation, so that's why there's been a lack of moderation and such. Point taken, though

Quote:
2. I think all the different links to different articles by the numerous gajming websites should all be posted on one page in the website. That would make it easier for new people coming in.
We can do that, or we can make a sticky thread in the main discussion forum. That way, it can be up with everything that most new people will read. And people can just add on to it when they find something new, making it member-driven

Quote:
3. Hosting for Battlefront clans would be a good idea. That has been very successfull in other games and is great for clans who don't have the money to buy a decent host.
If memory serves me correctly, it's LFN policy only to provide hosting to mod projects, and not to clans. Again, this might be wrong, but I'm about 98% sure of this.

Quote:
4. On the clan forum, please make it a rule that each clan only get one recruitment thread for itself. I am amazed that numerous clans have 3, 4 threads dedicated to themselves.
Yeah, I totally agree with that. Again, I'm not readily available these days, and there SHOULD be moderators lurking this area, but I'll try to get on as often as possible...


Suggestions taken
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
Pad
.¬¬.
 
Pad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bellzium
Posts: 4,478
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Re: Re: A Couple of Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed
We can do that, or we can make a sticky thread in the main discussion forum. That way, it can be up with everything that most new people will read. And people can just add on to it when they find something new, making it member-driven
Excellent call! But not the first with that idea
* Points at his RC info available thread at the RC section. *

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed
If memory serves me correctly, it's LFN policy only to provide hosting to mod projects, and not to clans. Again, this might be wrong, but I'm about 98% sure of this.
That´s correct. There are SOO much clans for every game it would be impossible to host em all. So LFN doesnt host any unless they have something to do with modding.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed
Yeah, I totally agree with that. Again, I'm not readily available these days, and there SHOULD be moderators lurking this area, but I'll try to get on as often as possible...
Correct aswell. People are watching at times.

Maybe a suggestion to you Boran, whenever you see such multiple thread being created or other things that arent actually by the book, you can pm supermods or use the "report post" feature.
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
boranchistanger
Junior Member
 
boranchistanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Death Star
Posts: 281
Quote:
I'm also on vacation, so that's why there's been a lack of moderation and such. Point taken, though
Perhaps you should hire a couple more mods for these forums.

I think Doomgiver would be a decent mod.

Quote:
Correct aswell. People are watching at times.

Maybe a suggestion to you Boran, whenever you see such multiple thread being created or other things that arent actually by the book, you can pm supermods or use the "report post" feature.
Will do!

-Boran


Leader of the Imperial Expeditionary Force, the first clan created for Battlefront.

www.eforceclans.com
boranchistanger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2004, 06:10 PM   #5
Jed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by boranchistanger
Perhaps you should hire a couple more mods for these forums.
boran, my son...

I've been watching ALL of you, making considerations for moderators, since you all started posting in here

I'm kinda like Santa. I know when you've been nice and naughty. And for gifts, I give the good boys and girls moderator positions XD
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2004, 06:30 PM   #6
boranchistanger
Junior Member
 
boranchistanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Death Star
Posts: 281
Quote:
boran, my son...

I've been watching ALL of you, making considerations for moderators, since you all started posting in here
Uh oh. (looks around the room, notices one of Jed's spies hiding behind a bookshelf). I'm on to you.

Quote:
I'm kinda like Santa. I know when you've been nice and naughty. And for gifts, I give the good boys and girls moderator positions XD
Good analogy, lol.

-Boran


Leader of the Imperial Expeditionary Force, the first clan created for Battlefront.

www.eforceclans.com
boranchistanger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2004, 06:56 PM   #7
Jed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by boranchistanger
Uh oh. (looks around the room, notices one of Jed's spies hiding behind a bookshelf). I'm on to you.
You should be noticing them, otherwise the people I've told to lurk here haven't been doing their job whilst I enjoy my house at the beach.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2004, 07:31 AM   #8
VanLingo
Banned
 
VanLingo's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Coronet
Posts: 411
The only mods I ever see are the ones that insist on posting 1500-word debates on God and Iraq.
VanLingo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #9
Pad
.¬¬.
 
Pad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bellzium
Posts: 4,478
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by VanLingo
The only mods I ever see are the ones that insist on posting 1500-word debates on God and Iraq.
Don´t let your eyes fool you
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2004, 11:22 AM   #10
yaebginn
Banned
 
yaebginn's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The jumble of incoherent thoughts that is my mind.
Posts: 1,864
boran, darnit. you told him to hire new mods! now it has happened. be careful what you wish for. I'm surprised tfighter isnt a mod yet. maybe he'll be on the next batch.
yaebginn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2004, 03:52 PM   #11
Jed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
boran, darnit. you told him to hire new mods! now it has happened. be careful what you wish for. I'm surprised tfighter isnt a mod yet. maybe he'll be on the next batch.
There's no next batch.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #12
yaebginn
Banned
 
yaebginn's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The jumble of incoherent thoughts that is my mind.
Posts: 1,864
so no no new mods will ever be created?
yaebginn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #13
jack "odc" one.
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: any mission possible
Posts: 46
You guys really need to calm down. I'm not about dragging stuff from other threads in here, but weren't you talking excessively about obeying? Bad example, OK, but what exactly is your point?


"Fact is, we do not know what *god* really is like. But we do know the universe is made in a way that there is an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1. Compare it to all the 'perhabses' between yes and no. And just like there is no comparison of yes or no, 0 and 1 are the boundaries of this universe. A universe we do not 'live in' but are rather only a small part of.
Now one could conclude that everything bigger than 1 is *infinite*, 1 is the universe as a whole, made up by everything smaller than 1, including us. And *god* is 0."

--a friend, philosophizing about the reasons for a lack of milk in his fridge.
jack "odc" one. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2004, 06:12 PM   #14
yaebginn
Banned
 
yaebginn's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The jumble of incoherent thoughts that is my mind.
Posts: 1,864
obeying real authority. higher authority.
yaebginn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2004, 06:25 PM   #15
jack "odc" one.
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: any mission possible
Posts: 46
It's the mods, supermods and admins who run this place, so they obviously have the powers, and because of that, authority here. There is no other or higher authority here. Except maybe the man who operates the Lucasforums-server-power-switch. But i think he will be one of the romping buddies of the mods, supermods and admins.

Of course you could easily run your own forum, anytime.


"Fact is, we do not know what *god* really is like. But we do know the universe is made in a way that there is an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1. Compare it to all the 'perhabses' between yes and no. And just like there is no comparison of yes or no, 0 and 1 are the boundaries of this universe. A universe we do not 'live in' but are rather only a small part of.
Now one could conclude that everything bigger than 1 is *infinite*, 1 is the universe as a whole, made up by everything smaller than 1, including us. And *god* is 0."

--a friend, philosophizing about the reasons for a lack of milk in his fridge.
jack "odc" one. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #16
Jed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
so no no new mods will ever be created?
Well the game's got a lot of potential of bringing in a crap-load of new forum members.

So I guess I should revise my statement that I don't intend on creating new mods, but under different circumstances, I'm sure there's a possibility
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2004, 06:54 AM   #17
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!
 
Doomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The black void...
Posts: 2,445
Aw... he proposed me... I'm touched...

I'm sure i'd be as abusive and sarcastic as a real Mod...




I keed, I keeeed
Doomie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2004, 07:31 AM   #18
Pad
.¬¬.
 
Pad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bellzium
Posts: 4,478
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Was it really necessary to bump this thread and try to act like ET? I think not.
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2004, 07:41 AM   #19
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
*gives one more bumpy*

HAHAHAHA! school'd.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2004, 08:01 AM   #20
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!
 
Doomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The black void...
Posts: 2,445
Sorry. I didn't notice this thread was so old...

But it IS my right, y'know. If ET mis allowed to act that way, i'm allowed too.
Doomie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2004, 07:59 PM   #21
Imperial Clones
Rookie
 
Imperial Clones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14
- Divide the site and forums based on platform: PC, PS2, XBox

- Get involved with ladders and leagues like this one that just appeared yesterday/today Star Wars Battles

- Provide a clan list for players to search at their leisure, very basic just the clan and its link
Imperial Clones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2004, 04:35 AM   #22
Alegis
In hiding
 
Alegis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 3,880
LFN Staff Member 
-Why divide? Its mostly the same. We cover all 3. Though of course mostly PC cause of the modifications.

-Leagues list could be posted in a stickyness in clans forums as well.

-Already exists. look in some stickies in clans forums, theres a clan database, a topic where clans can post their info in a compact post...


-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #23
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>
 
Mountainforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Garrison orbiting Geonosis
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally posted by Imperial Clones
- Divide the site and forums based on platform: PC, PS2, XBox
I don't like the didviding neither. Somebody proposed it a time ago, but are there so many things that only aply on one platform?




Minister of Outer Rim Garrison, a Dutch multigame clan
Website - Forums - Email
Mountainforest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 03:46 PM   #24
MoonSlasher
Rookie
 
MoonSlasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 26
i am sorry for bringing up bad topics, but i have thought that this was a better thread to add my suggestments, instead of making a new thread (which is pointless).

anyways, going on-topic.
I suggest that the site would have Video Clips of the game.
Detailed information on the weapons, vehicles, planets ect..
More Content to the site itself.
MoonSlasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #25
Jed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by MoonSlasher
i am sorry for bringing up bad topics, but i have thought that this was a better thread to add my suggestments, instead of making a new thread (which is pointless).

anyways, going on-topic.
I suggest that the site would have Video Clips of the game.
Detailed information on the weapons, vehicles, planets ect..
More Content to the site itself.
Don't worry, sir, all content will be updated hopefully by the game's release, maybe even by tomorrow ^_^

Video Clips are a nice idea, I'm thinking we can get that organized once the game comes out.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 03:55 PM   #26
MoonSlasher
Rookie
 
MoonSlasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 26
Thank you very much for the quick reply, i will be looking forward to the site's improvments.
MoonSlasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 04:01 PM   #27
RoxStar
Moderator
 
RoxStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,412
Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
boran, darnit. you told him to hire new mods! now it has happened. be careful what you wish for. I'm surprised tfighter isnt a mod yet. maybe he'll be on the next batch.
tfighter is banned

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #28
ZBomber
Dual Wielding Wiimotes
 
ZBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,919
Current Game: Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Grohl
tfighter is banned

That is from a month ago, you know.

The Ladder thing might not be a bad idea, when the agmes been out for a while, of course.


Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2004, 04:01 AM   #29
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>
 
Mountainforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Garrison orbiting Geonosis
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Grohl
tfighter is banned
What did he wrong?




Minister of Outer Rim Garrison, a Dutch multigame clan
Website - Forums - Email
Mountainforest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2004, 05:38 AM   #30
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>
 
Mountainforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Garrison orbiting Geonosis
Posts: 1,263
Maybe it's an idea to kame a thread for first impressions, cause as it looks now everybody is making one of his own.




Minister of Outer Rim Garrison, a Dutch multigame clan
Website - Forums - Email
Mountainforest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2004, 06:01 AM   #31
Pad
.¬¬.
 
Pad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bellzium
Posts: 4,478
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Mountainforest
Maybe it's an idea to kame a thread for first impressions, cause as it looks now everybody is making one of his own.
We are very well aware of that and have already our hands full with all the new people.
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > SWBattlefront.net > Feedback > A Couple of Suggestions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.