lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I Need Help!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #1
strikemas115
Lurker

I Need Help!

I just got Knights of the Old Republic for X-box and played it last knight. When my little brother played it, he somehow over-wrote my file. Could someone please tell me how to create a second file on the game? By the way, neither of us saved the game on our own, it autosaved. I also still have +5000 blocks on my X-box (hopefully that will help you come to a conclusion). Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
strikemas115 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2004, 05:06 AM   #2
Darth-Destroyer
Rookie

Lightbulb this belongs to the padawan lounge i think

you mean you want 2 saved games for your brother end your self so just load 1 saved game or autosaved game en save on a other slot if that is the antswer you need do someting with it
Darth-Destroyer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
Poocho
Lurker

Or did you perhaps have the same problem as the guy above who wrote the "Files" thread had? I had the same problem, and the Moderator who replied supplied the answer. You may just smack your head like I almost did.

Just my thoughts,
Poocho

Vi et armis
Poocho is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2004, 12:10 AM   #4
Faquid
Lurker

hmm I think your are in trubble man, becouse there is only one autosave file and it doesen't matter how many chars you have. I know this becouse I have mayby 4-5 chars and I have looked in the save catalog with FTP and only one autosave.
Same goes for the first game i think, so here is a tipp save your one games often and in many slots.

Hope this helps you out man, sry for your lost save file but there isn't anything you can do about it
Faquid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
Blessèd Sith

You need to save your game a lot, and in seperate files. The autosave is just a precaution, in case you forgot to save at a critical point and need to get back to that spot fast. You can't rely on the autosave, even if it's only you playing. Especially since there's glitches you need to watch out for.

Multiple files are good. Also, for each character there's a save screen of their own, so there's no threat that your stuff will get saved over by someone else . . . unless you only use autosave. Because autosave is only for the person currently playing, as I said, as a safety.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.”
- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
Blessèd Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > Ebon Hawk's Machine Room > I Need Help!