lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: (my big) suggestion list
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #41
Redtech
Veteran

Hey, just thinking about my glactic conquest theme, here's a map and you could put the white/red/green hexagon around each planet, remove the trade routes icon and you're 90% of the way there!

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2005, 03:11 PM   #42
Jetset
Rookie

Feedback: Please keep 1st and 3rd person view like it is. I use 3rd person a lot for vehicles/starships/recon droid. If an admin is allowed to limit me to 1st person only, I won't be able to see out of certain vehicles/starships. Thus, I won't be playing on that server.

I could see 1st person only as infantry though. I switch to 3rd after I fire a recon droid... but when taken back to my sniper, I left in 1st person view, I am now in 3rd person. If I want to jump up and run like you know what, I have to switch back !!

Improvements:

1. Downloadable Custom Content! If we don't have a custom map installed, please let us download it when we join! Would probably want a "Redirection" for the downloads, so we don't put the load on the current users in game.

2. Did we mention "No FPS Cap?" There, I feel better.

3. Let's have the option of seeing an FPS counter in HUD, instead of relying on a 3rd party program like teamspeak overlay.

4. Let's have the option of seeing network stats in HUD. Like: our ping, packet loss, server name, current number of human/AI players per team.

5. Get rid of the autoaim for pc joystick users, completely! Not enough admins using /noaim option. Sounds like we need a new patch please!

6. Voice Taunts. Already mentioned, but let me add. Give us the option of muting auto-taunts please! If we hear an auto-taunt after each kill, we won't be able to hear anything else. And, of course, don't forget to put a wait time on each manual voice taunt... wouldn't want someone spamming voice taunts like "Your lack of faith disturbs me!" throughout the whole game. I bet mod authors would love the ability to mix their own voice taunt packages. Let's get voice taunts added first!

7. Voice Chat. All of us regular (non-clan) public users won't have any form of voice in game without the devs or mod authors putting it back in. The devs said there are plenty of 3rd party voice chat programs you can use, like: Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Roger Wilco. But, did they take a survey?

How do I know regular players won't be using voice chat programs? Look at this thread... no one else has replied at this time to my call for "public teamspeak:"

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=147238

And, of course, any in game voice would not be complete without some extra options like:

- option to ignore voice chat

- internet/LAN codec options so servers won't lag online from high demand

- default option to automatically join a specific channel when first connecting or at the start of a new level. Then, if you left yourself on the "Public" channel at the end of a match, you'll be switched back to "Team" on the next level. If that's the default you prefer.

- option for servers to allow/disallow private voice channels. If private chat is allowed, a friend could highlight your name in the player list and select private voice chat. Players could also leave the "use private voice" option blank. But, in any case, make us enter a password for each users private channel, after we select a user to go private voice with. Otherwise, someone will join your private channel and spam you! In theory, everyone playing could join one player's private voice channel.

- onscreen display to show which channel you're transmitting on... to help forgettable users! Otherwise, we'll need to tell our teammates to switch to the public channel if they want to bad mouth the other team hehe !!

Whew! That's it for me... for now!!

Jet

Last edited by Jetset; 04-11-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Jetset is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Bug Reports/Requests/Game Feedback > (my big) suggestion list