Please note the following has only been tested to work with SW:KOTOR 2:TSL.
Some of you may already be familiar with the itemcreate.2da & itemcreatemira.2da files. On a wild fluke I looked at the workbench dialogues and found the 2 scripts that fire the actual itemcreation gui's. When I went through script source low and behold we even have the source code in the bif files to launch these scripts.
Now to the good stuff.
I replaced the first 12 items in the Itemcreate.2da file with the 12 droid armors, and renamed it droiditemcreate.2da.
I then replaced itemcreatemira in the k_workbench_bdm.nss file with droiditemcreate. I renamed the script k_workbench_bdd.nss saved and compiled. It compile with no errors the first time through mind you.
I then replaced the script in T3's dialogue that launches just the upgrade function with my new script.
I started the game at a save right before T3 was in the party and got to his upgrade dialogue. When it launched it created the item create worktable and under the ranged upgrades(these are the ones the droid armor replaced) there were my 12 droid armors.
For those doubting thomas's out there keep your eye's peeled for my upcoming Painted Droids mod. This will be a new feature included in there.