lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: the first 3 SW movies were good, but know.....
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-21-2000, 06:21 PM   #1
Jem
Senior Member
 
Jem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ottawa, Canada.
Posts: 1,756
Post the first 3 SW movies were good, but know.....

hehe I can see no one is interested in this SW movies forum and you know why?? kuz episode one was a real big disapointment compared to the good first 3 SW movies.
so were the updates brought to those good old 3 episodes that should have been left untouched! C'mon why don't they realize that super extra humoungus extrem fantastic effects doesn't give a super extra humoungus extrem fantastic movie.
I remember the women Alien singer/dancer in Jubba the Hutt base on "the return of the jedi episode" she was really funny the way she was created and that was the kind of thing that made the movie special But now in the remake they did this digitalized alien that really went to far.


Yes the new LA movies will be nothing like the original ones. And that mostly, I think, is cause of all the digitalizing.

I don't think I'll bother waste my money to go see episode 2 and 3

Jem
Jem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2000, 06:39 PM   #2
Jem
Senior Member
 
Jem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ottawa, Canada.
Posts: 1,756
Post

BIG OOPS !!! for the topic I wrote:
the first 3 SW movies were good, but know.....
I meant to write:
the first 3 SW movies were good, but now.....

I meant to write NOW not KNOW !! ok?
Jem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2000, 11:44 PM   #3
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman
 
K_Kinnison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 3,697
Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Jem:
hehe I can see no one is interested in this SW movies forum and you know why?? kuz episode one was a real big disapointment compared to the good first 3 SW movies.
so were the updates brought to those good old 3 episodes that should have been left untouched!
um, the flannel one mainly did those becaseu he did not have the Budget to do them in the first place, and overall they do not really effect the storyline much, just htink of it as a Late version of the Directors cut.

Quote:
C'mon why don't they realize that super extra humoungus extrem fantastic effects doesn't give a super extra humoungus extrem fantastic movie.
No they dont, taht is one of the main problems about TPM, it can not stand alone as a movie by iteslf, it was a buncha mini-films and a showcase of New Special Effects. But that does not mean SW OY shoudl be ignored, the story is still there, and from what i ahve herd of EP2, it looks to be a great movie, one of the Best maybe

Quote:
I remember the women Alien singer/dancer in Jubba the Hutt base on "the return of the jedi episode" she was really funny the way she was created and that was the kind of thing that made the movie special But now in the remake they did this digitalized alien that really went to far.
I assume you mean Sny Snootles, well, that is one of the Problems with ROTJ, it turned into a Sci-FI muppet show. I think it was great to have Sny done as CGI, and it made the character look a lot more lifelike.


Quote:
Yes the new LA movies will be nothing like the original ones. And that mostly, I think, is cause of all the digitalizing.
No, taht is becasue of our veiwpoint, we ahe elarned to love and ahve fond memories of the OT, now we ahve something new to look at and we are allways going to compare it yto the glorified version of the OT

Quote:
I don't think I'll bother waste my money to go see episode 2 and 3
Thats your opinion, but i think after 4 months of it being in the theaters you might want to change your mind.. at least see it at matinee prices. I have talked to one of the Artists at the ranch who worked on EP1 and now is workign on EP2. he main comment, however little, is "be ready for suprises" and "give Jar Jar a chance"

K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2000, 01:07 AM   #4
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla
 
Admiral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 5,359
Roleplayer 
Post

While I love the films. I'll never run off to see them the first day they are out. I always wait, so I can actually get a good seat, and not have to stand in line all day long.

The special edition, in my opion was a good improvement, they fixed many problems they had in the originals. Episode 2, promises to be a good one as well. For now I would hold off judgement at least untill the trailers come out.

------------------
"Dulce bellum inexpertis."
(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2000, 01:56 AM   #5
Nute Gunray
This is Really Expensive
 
Nute Gunray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 9,118
Current Game: Forza Horizon
10 year veteran! 
Arrow

TPM did what it was supposed to: look good and just tell us who the new characters are.

------------------

I'm convinced solar energy is a Communist conspiracy
Nute Gunray is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2000, 02:57 AM   #6
Keyan Farlander
Jedi Master
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 6,798
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral:
While I love the films. I'll never run off to see them the first day they are out. I always wait, so I can actually get a good seat, and not have to stand in line all day long.

The special edition, in my opion was a good improvement, they fixed many problems they had in the originals. Episode 2, promises to be a good one as well. For now I would hold off judgement at least untill the trailers come out.
I saw TPM on opening day. I stood in line for 5 minutes and had my pick of anywhere I wanted to sit in the theater
Keyan Farlander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2000, 08:47 AM   #7
nova_wolf
Jedi Guardian Fenrir
 
nova_wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Aboard the NFX Oracle
Posts: 1,164
I liked the new Sy Snoodles (believe this is the correct spelling - but flame me if im wrong) and Max Rebo - they looked good - and it worked kinada well, as it gave the oppurtunity for More Boba Fett.

As I said last time some was toasting the Remasterd Release (STILL cant elieve theyre gonna rerelease it !!) :
It wasnt just the big, obvious bits. I have watched it enough to see the more subtle additions - like when luke proclaimes to palpatine - 'You have failed your highness", it was see luke, see emporer. Now, they look back at luke a second time, to show his resolve is strong, that he is not gonna give in, and THEN you see the emperor get 'upset'...

Ill add later - but you know it to be true - look inside yourself...

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
nova_wolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2000, 10:30 AM   #8
Jem
Senior Member
 
Jem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ottawa, Canada.
Posts: 1,756
Well I guess I'll bother seeing episod 2 and 3, after that I will be able to confirm my point of view concerning the new SW movies...

Jem
Jem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 2. Star Wars > SW Movies > the first 3 SW movies were good, but know.....

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.