lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Animated Textures
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
LSaberDuelist
Rookie

Animated Textures

Original Thread Link

I tried to add some animated textures to the mask I am working on(http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153253), but I ran into difficulties... The only information I have on the animated textures is from http://ccg.dladventures.com/index.ph...&printable=yes, but this article is not very detailed. Does anyone know a better source of information?

What I was trying to do is to make the eye glow with animated textures. I had a look at some animated textures from the game like fx_baodur and so on...
I appears to me these animated textures are like gifs and that they store the frames of animation. Animation type and animation parameters are declared in the corresponding *.txi file.(?) But I couldn't figure out how to control the animation exactely. What I did so far:
-define a 1024x1024 fx_texture to store 16 frames of animation each frame is a 256x256 block in the texture(I guessed...)
-apply the fx_texture to the eye
-map the eye to first frame(the 256x256 block in the upper left corner)
-In the txi file I declared proceduretype cycle, numx 4 numy 4 and fps 1

There is some a cycle of different frames, but not the ones I wanted...

Does anyone know how to do this or a better source of information on the animated textures?

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 10-08-2005 at 08:25 AM.
LSaberDuelist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Tutorials: Skinning and Modeling > Animated Textures